Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

ghost1
Butterfly
Butterfly

05 Jan 2013, 9:27 pm

I was diagnosed with aspergers 4 years ago but have always felt different from other people i have never fitted in at school or college or in a work enviroment its hard for me to communicate with people at times and i think they find me strange. at school i was badly bullied especially at high school and college. because of my difficulties getting employment seems almost impossible i have been employed in the past but it was quite a few years ago and i ended up leaving or was sacked for no good reason. i am studying a design course and an IT course at the moment both of them are home based online courses because when i enter work or college enviroments i end getting bullied. also i have very few important qualifications to offer a potential employer. every day i leave the house i have to tolerate abusive remarks from people i don't know and for no reason i can see somtimes i get so angry but most of the time just hold it in and walk away. i am clinging on to a snipet of hope that my life will improve one day and i will not end up lonley and destitute. the humiliation would be too much to put up with after years of it and feeling i am never moving forward just going round in circles. that more or less sums things up as they are at the moment in my life. my interests hmm well i have always been interested in space, aircraft and computers i used to play a lot of video games as well somtimes i would sit for hours on them. anyway enough of this rant lol i came on wrong planet to get info and maybe talk to people that might maybe understand me a bit more.

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2013, 9:29 pm

welcome to wrong planet.

noxnocturne
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2013, 10:28 pm

Welcome! :)

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2013, 10:51 pm

Welcome to WP!

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Assasta
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

05 Jan 2013, 11:00 pm

Hi... and never apologise for a valid rant! :)

TedMart
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

06 Jan 2013, 8:18 am

Hey Ghost,

Well I can certainly relate to the employment bit!

After almost 50 yrs on this planet I've got the "people' problem pretty much figured out. What works best for me is just allowing a sense of superiority, false or not, to to allow me to disregard the BS most folks try to throw at me.

But when it comes to finances, I'm sunk. Being forced to tolerate other people in the workplace is exhausting, and the bottomline is - I just don't get it when it come to money! I don't see the allure of it, if anything, I only see how money can usually screw up anything good! I understand the logic of it all, and yes I DO need it to survive in a capitalist society, but I just don't have an innate connection with it. I guess this is where the "Literal Mind' part comes in, it seems to me if I need food, I should be spending my time out in my garden instead of putting pieces of unknown machinery together for the sake of Mr. Nobody's bank account.

So unfortunately any job I get is going to have to offer something much, much more in the way of motivation than a meaningless paycheck at the end of selling a week of my life by the hour.

Welcome to WP!

Sparrow40k
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

06 Jan 2013, 11:00 am

Hey there,

Welcome to Wrongplanet! Good to have you aboard.