what is the most daring thing you have done?

Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

vk2goh
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

23 Dec 2012, 5:07 am

I thought I'd bring this up to make things more exciting!

For me, it was living in China for 6 months, not knowing the country well or speaking much Mandarin.

It taught me a lot about self-reliance

Teredia
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2012, 5:20 am

so far posting quite an iffy help me topic on WP... wow people attack you, just because one seems "slu*ty" in the post.... but the 2nd most daring thing i did, was go to germany to have my baby to my now german ex. it only made me mentally ill and i ended up leaving my baby boy with his dad in order to move back to my country of original. now 2 years on im really healthy n happy. taught me im a lot less high functioning than i 1st thought.

Appleisbetter
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

24 Dec 2012, 4:00 am

200 mph on a motor bike 8O

LisaOfShades
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

25 Dec 2012, 11:48 am

I think it was something like talking to someone cute in the buss and say:

Wow you're cute, I'd like to go to a pet shop, buy a lil leash, and chain you to a nice~ lil~ house...

and

*takes his hand gently* wow, you've beautiful meat~

*gently pass my hand on top of his then suddently pull his arm against my opposite shoulder all posessive like*

It's MYYY meat now~!

*gazes, then give him the accusating eye (looking on the side with an eye widely opened, lifted eyebrow, while the other is a little closed, and the eyebrow down) all defiant to any kind of opposition, as he just sat there with a peaceful amused smile*

*Looks at hand with a fond grin, do a growl sound, and start biting and sucking on his wrist*

We've been cuddle buddies for a while, both asexual so we didn't have sex... but an animal attitude like that is probably why I get so sexually harassed even when I'm just merely polite... oh well~

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2012, 3:33 pm

vk2goh wrote:
what is the most daring thing you have done?

Riding on the back of a Humvee that was making a mail run in Mogadishu during "Operation Restore Hope". I had a helmet, a flack vest, and a 12ga shotgun for protection.

The daring part was that I volunteered to do it again the next day.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Foxxtale
Toucan
Toucan

25 Dec 2012, 3:51 pm

LisaOfShades wrote:
I think it was something like talking to someone cute in the buss and say:

Wow you're cute, I'd like to go to a pet shop, buy a lil leash, and chain you to a nice~ lil~ house...

and

*takes his hand gently* wow, you've beautiful meat~

*gently pass my hand on top of his then suddently pull his arm against my opposite shoulder all posessive like*

It's MYYY meat now~!

*gazes, then give him the accusating eye (looking on the side with an eye widely opened, lifted eyebrow, while the other is a little closed, and the eyebrow down) all defiant to any kind of opposition, as he just sat there with a peaceful amused smile*

*Looks at hand with a fond grin, do a growl sound, and start biting and sucking on his wrist*

We've been cuddle buddies for a while, both asexual so we didn't have sex... but an animal attitude like that is probably why I get so sexually harassed even when I'm just merely polite... oh well~

-giggles- that's cute... I have only ever done that online. I would probably pass out from fear trying that for real. but then again, being a guy, I would also probably be peppersprayed for trying that.

most daring thing I have done is randomly going out, buying a paintball gun, and finding a local field to play on. it became one of my narrow obsessions... I became the local field's airsmith and a semipro player... until I ran out of money.

stands2reason
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

30 Dec 2012, 5:57 pm

I don't know if my answer would be allowed here or might need to go in the Members Only or Adult section.

Hanne_Panne
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

02 Jan 2013, 1:28 pm

Hmm.. I've been told I am very daring. I don't think I am, it's just my attitude of "I can't know anything about anything unless I've found out all I can about it" - and sometimes that translates into doing experiments, often social ones, to find out all I can. Plus my very naive nature and bad social antennas. I often end up in shady situations because of this, but oh well.
Probably one of the most daring things I ever did was 15 months ago when I moved from north in my country to further south to a town I had decided based on my current obsessive relationship to a band and my favorite gothic church. This makes perfect sense in my head. I can add that I had planned to move for a while, but I was clueless about how to do it. I had no job either, but I shoved some stuff in a suitcase and slept on strangers couches, hoping for good luck. I ended up living in a foreign boys bedroom on a mattress for two weeks and nearly got... abused, we can say. Maybe not the best situation, but I learned a lot from it :D mainly that just because many people can get along this way, I doesn't mean that I can. It was here I realized just exacly how poor my social skills are and what got me into treatment so I could be diagnosed. So all in all, a successful experiment!

dabeshu
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

04 Jan 2013, 2:12 pm

Taking a home-made, rocket-propelled sprint from Niagra Falls (the US side), and diving into the waters below, to survive.

While stoned on pot.

That was really fun.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2013, 12:45 am

getting drunk on coolers and walking outside in my skivvies with some equally buzzed army comrades and climbing the engineering ladder outside the hospital i used to work in while i was in the army, going inside through the 3rd floor engineering room [amazingly it was unlocked!] and walking into the operating room where the tech on duty [thank god he knew me!] just smiled and laughed at us], walking behind the staff officer on duty's station [thank god he didn't notice us] and going out the back door of the hospital [couldn't get away with any of this nowadays], just to walk a drunken mate back to his barracks so he'd be safe for his shipment out the next day to his next duty station.

Dashofpepper
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

06 Jan 2013, 6:31 am

Soapbox derby car race. believe in or not that stuffs crazy! :P