Page 1 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

ruminate
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

16 May 2005, 7:38 am

Or something like that. I joined and posted a few comments but I have trouble just kind of making introductions for myself, so I spent a few days puzzling and agonizing over whether or not to make an introduction post, how best to start it, what the subject line should be, whether anyone would answer it, will people like me or hate me, is it necessary to leave an intro post, other's have done it so I probably should and well you get the idea of how it works.

I'm 48/f/Fl., I have been diagnosed as an adult. I was incorrectly diagnosed earlier on which is the usual statistic for someone in my age bracket since Asperger's was not as noteable then as it is now. I love video games and am obsessed with Sir Auron from FFX. My daughter and I just finished beating the boss on Digital Devil Saga last night. Impressive video game. I can be a curmudgeon at times and have no real life friends. I spend hours on the internet running searches when I'm not playing a video game. Yes, the AS has gotten worse for me in some areas with age, and had I gotten help sooner I might have modified my behaviors some.

Anyway, I tend to create long written rambles that can be very boring to most people or annoying at times. And this introduction has felt like wrong to me in many ways but I am trying to reach out to others who are similar so that I have a means of communication in the computer realm.

MC aka Curmudgeon

Postperson
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2005, 7:52 am

Hi MC,

I just turned 48. I don't have an intro - I've been on a few AS websites before this and done all that... I think my intros went over like lead balloons so I don't bother anymore. Welcome to the forum.

BeeBee
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2005, 8:37 am

Welcome MC! I'm glad you found WrongPlanet.

BeeBee

ruminate
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

16 May 2005, 8:52 am

Postperson and BeeBee

Thank you, I did think that maybe this might be a lead baloon kind occurance. Generally in real life I don't do introductions if I can help it. I am much more inclined to be avoidant of these kinds of things. Beyond that it was really nice to find WrongPlanet. I've been spending my time reading articles and posts.

MC

Prometheus
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2005, 8:55 am

I was lurking for two days before I finally resistried. . .so don't feel bad about it.

Welcome to WP!

ruminate
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

16 May 2005, 10:14 am

Nathan

Thanks for the welcome. I am glad that I'm not the only one who lurked here.

MC

magic
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2005, 11:00 am

Ruminate/MC, I was lurking for 2 weeks before I joined, nearly a year ago. I never wrote an introduction - I was too scared that people would criticize me or laugh.

Welcome to WrongPlanet! I look forward to hearing your "rambles"!

ruminate
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

16 May 2005, 11:38 am

Magic

Thank you for welcoming me, it seems that I'm not alone when it comes to introductions being difficult. I think most people that are NT never debate over something like this, but maybe they do and just don't admit it. Somewhere in the future I'm sure I will get on a ramble as it seems to be my habit.

MC

oatwillie
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

16 May 2005, 2:20 pm

Glad to have you here! I'm 46 and am terrible at video games, although my son keeps trying to get me into them.

I hope you like it here.

duncvis
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2005, 2:22 pm

Welcome ruminate! Now you've done the hard bit, hope you feel at home here soon. :D

www.last.fm/user/nursethescreams <<my last.fm thingy

FOR THE HORDE!

ruminate
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

16 May 2005, 3:17 pm

oatwillie and duncvis

Thanks for the welcome here. Oatwillie, I don't play a lot of platform video games where the hand eye co-ordiantion is required, but I do like the turnbase style games because they are based on making a choice of attack from a list which isn't as hard. Though I have played a couple of games that require hand eye stuff but generally I don't win, still I try. Duncvis, I agree, this was the hardest part. I hate introductions and thankfully I won't be required to do this here again.

MC

Sophist
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2005, 3:25 pm

Well HOWDY ruminate. Glad you're no longer lurking! :D

My partner's autism science blog, Cortical Chauvinism - http://corticalchauvinism.wordpress.com/

Archmage
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2005, 3:46 pm

Whoa. That guy has a pretty big sword. Yeah, that guy in your avatar.
Speaking of which, i'd better find a new one. F-ZERO is getting a bit old.

But what the heck. Welcome to the site!

Archmage

we will make it through,
Here we are, like a star,
shining bright on the world,
Today... Make evil go away!

"Code Lyoko" Theme

ruminate
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

16 May 2005, 4:46 pm

Sophist and Archmage

Thank you for welcoming me, I am glad that the introduction is now past and I can move ahead from here. It is a really nice website and nice to be around others that understand similarly. Archmage, F-Zero looks like anime! Is it anime? I like and collect anime, some manga, doujinshi. Your icon looks pretty fresh to me not old. Yeah, my icon is Sir Auron from FFX which is one of the video games that I have played more than once.

MC

oatwillie
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

16 May 2005, 5:02 pm

ruminate,

Thank you for the game advice on the style that does not require som much hand and eye co-ordination. It sounds like something my son and I can do together.

Archmage
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2005, 7:18 pm

My last avatar was some characters from F_ZERO, but it was the crappy American-Style manga used by lazy cartoonists. My new avatar is true manga. As for the person's identity, is jet-black hair, green eyes, nerdy glasses, and a lightning-bolt scar on the forehead ringing any bells?

PS: Okay, so the hair looks purple, but it's still the same guy.

we will make it through,
Here we are, like a star,
shining bright on the world,
Today... Make evil go away!

"Code Lyoko" Theme