Page 260 of 358 [ 5728 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 257, 258, 259, 260, 261, 262, 263 ... 358  Next

WolfLonely1
Butterfly
Butterfly

29 Jan 2014, 1:10 pm

What is your first name? I don't wanna tell.

Hobbies and Interests: Drawing, Science, Anime, Nature, Animals generally, Videogames, Space, Martial Arts (Though at the moment I don't practice any of them. But I hope that soon I have enough courage to start them again!)

Why are you here? I'm here because I started to be tired of trying to search similar people as me in other sites, so I planned to try this site and maybe (hope so) make some friends in here! And as I have mild autistic features, hope that can find soulmates in here.

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): I don't really remember, but I know that I was pretty young back then. And I have just "mild" autistic features, so I don't know is it really disorder anymore.

Favorite subjects: Science.

Favorite music: Ahh, this is hard. I have so diverse music taste. I like to listen a lot different soundtracks from different anime or movies. And sometimes listen some "songs" from different singers/bands, as you can see I'm more like a "song listener", I don't have any certain genre which I like. I'm open to all kind of genres, as long as the song is good.

Books: I don't read.

TV shows/Movies: Donnie Darko, Spirited Away, Princess Mononoke, Rush Hour 1 and 2, Ghost In the shell (1995), Spirit, Karate Kid (Old and the new one), Terminator, Mulan, Shrek Movies.

Instrument: I don't play any.

Do you like sports? Well, not that much actually. Except I practiced Taekwondo, Aikido and Boxing when I was younger. So, I love Martial Arts.

Family: I live with my brother and mom (My parents been divorced). And we have 4 dogs right now.

Clothing: I'm not never interested clothes and fashion that much. I've always been more like "tomboy" with clothes. And never follow fashion. So, I mostly like to use hoodies, basic long-sleeved shirts, bootcut jeans (But not too wide) and some basic jeans. But sometimes with jackets I'm "more" womanly, when I'm using woolen jackets with some womanly boots sometimes.
But I've always hated too girly clothes.

How did you find this website? One of my internet friend sent this site to me.

Job: I don't have any yet.

Plans for the future? I don't really know. At least I wanna travel a lot and see more world.

Alice94
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

01 Feb 2014, 3:45 pm

What is your first name? Kayleigh

Hobbies and Interests: Reading, Animals, Child development, Mental health, Musicals

When were you diagnosed? (skip if you don't have a disorder): Diagnosed with Asperger's a few months ago.

Favorite subjects: At school they were Photography and English Literature

Favorite music: Rock/Alternative

Books: Anything by Richard Laymon

TV shows/Movies: Supernatural, The Middle, The Big Bang Theory, Dexter, Charmed.

Instrument: None, but would love to learn the piano.

Do you like sports? Swimming.

Family: Dad, step mum, step brother and Mum, her boyfriend and his daughter.

Clothing: Love wearing 1950's style dresses or just casual modern dresses. Can't stand wearing jeans.

How did you find this website? Looking up Asperger's online after my diagnosis.

Job: Nursery Nurse

Plans for the future? Would like to help children on the spectrum.

Morgy
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

01 Feb 2014, 7:57 pm

What is your first name? Morgan

Hobbies and Interests: I don't really have any hobbies but I love technology.

Why are you here? To meet people that are like me with the same issues.

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): Maybe like a year or so...based on the things I do in life I was told I have Aspergers.

Favorite subjects: I'm not in school anymore.

Year/Grade: I'm not in school anymore. I graduated from high school back in 2007.

Favorite music: Rap, Hip-Hop, Pop, R&B, Disco, some old music and so on.

Books: I hate reading. LOL!

TV shows/Movies: Anything really I guess...the ID channel, Lifetime....Titanic and so on...

Instrument: I don't play a instrument.

Do you like sports? Yes, basketball is my favorite sport to play.

Family: I have 2 younger brothers.

Clothing: Polo's, jeans, sneakers, t-shirts and so on

How did you find this website? On a support website

Job: Retail and a Private Home Health Aide

Plans for the future? Hopefully to one day find the love of my life, get married, have some kids and find a good paying career.

Any comments? Does anyone know how to use this website? That can teach me.

LupineSnowstorm
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2014, 6:57 am

First name? Sarah

Hobbies/interests: Harry Potter, gaming (especially a game called portal), wolves, sci-fi and fantasy

When were you diagnosed? It was first pointed out when I was in speech therapy at age three (I was a very late speaker) but my parents didn't tell me until last summer.

Favourite subjects: History, English and Geography

Year/Grade: Year nine

Favourite music: Rave, Techno, Dubstep, Eurodance, 8bit/chiptune, raggacore, happy hardcore and some rock

Books: Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings

TV shows/ Movies: Harry Potter (again), Star Trek, Star Wars, LOTR, Doctor Who, Daria, Big Bang Theory, Have I Got News for You and Everybody Loves Raymond

Instrument: Keyboard/piano

Do you like sports? I hate P.E and competitive sports but I like horse riding and swimming.

Family: Mum, Dad and my seven year old sister (who really gets on my nerves sometimes.)

Clothing: Anything comfortable (I like to cut the tags off because they make me itch) I also like t-shirts with things to do with my interests on them.

How did you find this site? I did a Google search for aspergers forums.

Plans for the future: I want to go to college and University and get a job in history but my dream is to become an author or a story writer for a video game company.

MissCarolyn80
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

03 Feb 2014, 7:41 am

What is your first name?
Carolyn
Hobbies and Interests:
Theatre

Why are you here?
I was diagnosed about 6 months ago with Asperger's.
When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder):
About six months ago
Favorite subjects:
I'm no longer in school, but I love to learn about theatre stuff whenever I can
Year/Grade:
N//a
Favorite music:
Show tunes
Books:
the Bible
TV shows/Movies:
Cheers/The Princess Bride
Instrument:
don't play
Do you like sports?
I like baseball...Go RED SOX
Family:
I'm the youngest of 8. My parents have both passed away
Clothing:
Yes I wear them
How did you find this website?
Google
Job:
applying for social security
Plans for the future?
I hope to one day return to work
Any comments?
I am new here and hope this site will be a positive experience in my life.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2014, 10:02 pm

First Name: Don
Hobbies and Interests: Watching documentaries, old sports events, reading (especially nonfiction), anthropology
Why are you here: I believe I have Asperger's--except that I didn't speak until age 5
Favorite Subjects when I was in school: English, History
Favorite Music: Depends on my mood. No gangsta rap or Muzak, though
Books: Presidential biographies
TV shows: 60's/early 70's sitcoms, documentaries, sports, C-Span
I do like most sports
Family: Father, Mother, Brother--all alive, fortunately
Clothing: button-down shirts, slacks (not dull, hopefully). T-shirts, jeans, hoodies, sweatshirts
Job: Data-entry operator for 34 years

port320
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

05 Feb 2014, 10:41 pm

What is your first name? Sorry, but I simply cannot tell :)

Hobbies and Interests: I enjoy drawing, writing, and discussing topics that interest me. such things range from issues in the world to books to Anime.

Why are you here? It may sound cheesy, but I guess I'm looking for a place I belong.

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): i was diagnosed around the age of 10

Favorite subjects: Art and history.

Year/Grade: 12th grade

Favorite music: Not sure, I typically just listen to whatever grabs my attention and sparks creativity.

Books: i liked the hunger games series, reading divergent currently, and I liked under the never sky

TV shows/Movies: I don't watch TV enough to say.

Instrument: Don't play. Would love to play piano though.

Do you like sports? noooooo

Family: My mom, my dad, and 6 other siblings

Clothing: Right now, a t-shirt and sweatpants. I typically try to be fashionable, though. I shop predominately high brand. Button down plaid shirts and jeans all the way.

How did you find this website? A Google search for a paper about autism long ago.

Job: Professional free loader. Jk I'm looking for work, but hey, I'm still a kid.

Plans for the future? To save the world.

Any comments? I hope to find friends here, or even just a chill place to talk about a whole lot of junk.

idonthaveanickname
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

06 Feb 2014, 8:00 pm

What is your first name? Hannah

Hobbies and Interests: Puzzles, music, movies, TV, bicycling, psychology/mental disorders

Why are you here? I would like to interact with other Aspies and let them know how I think and feel, since they understand and normal people don't.

When were you diagnosed? January 2010

Favorite subjects: English, Science, basic Math

Year/Grade: I got an Associate's Degree in 2002. Not currently in school.

Favorite music: Heavy metal, hard rock, alternative

Books: I don't read that much, but I've read Micheal Crichton's "Jurassic Park" about 6 times.

TV shows/Movies: TruTV's Most Shocking, Most Daring, Disorder in the Court

To be continued.

whereismymind
Butterfly
Butterfly

07 Feb 2014, 11:07 pm

What is your first name? Marlis

Hobbies and Interests: Art, all things British

Why are you here? not sure, still a weird concept to me

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): last July

Favorite subjects: Art/ Art history

Year/Grade: technically I am in 15th grade or, a junior in college

Favorite music: Yeah, Yeah, Yeah's, Modest Mouse, Washed Out, and so much more!

Books: anything technical, or how-to, in any area of my special interests

TV shows/Movies: Top Gear UK, Dr. Who, Sherlock, Shameless, Pretty much anything the BBC puts out I'll watch.

Instrument: art/craft supplies

Do you like sports? nope

Family: Husband who is an aspie, 2 boys, oldest is an aspie, youngest has ADHD, aspie mother-in-law, all under 1 roof

Clothing: comfortable, cottons, stretch jersey knits, jeans

How did you find this website? Google, when trying to figure all this aspie stuff out

Job: mom, art student

Plans for the future? become an art professor

Any comments? no

greeneyeszengirl
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

08 Feb 2014, 9:45 pm

What is your first name? Sami

Hobbies and Interests: Many and varied. Cycling, Walking, Swimming, pretty much anything outside.

Why are you here? To learn, grow, and to feel less like a freak.

When were you diagnosed? By whom? My girlfriend suggested it last year, did the research, agreed, found a doctor that would deal with adult women, and she diagnosed me offcially on January 10th. But from our first session it was pretty clear it was not a question of if, but a function of when. Officially Autism Spectrum Disorder (un-officially Aspie) but I've also got a pretty full basket of concomitant co morbid conditions including PTSD, Anxiety, Depression and so forth.

Favorite subjects: Many and varied. Art, Music, Theology, Spirituality, Technology, Quantum Physics, Temporal Mechanics, Writing are hitting some of the high notes there.

Year/Grade: Too much, not enough?

Favorite music: What, I have to choose? Okay anything except Rap, Hip Hop and newer R&B.

Books: Fiction, Fantasy, Non-fiction, Witches, Vampires, Muskateers, Sci-Fi, Sci-Fact, Romance, Chick-lit.

TV shows/Movies: Stargate SG1, SGA, The Pretender, Star Trek (all of them), Romance, Drama, Firefly, Charmed!

Instrument: Many and varied - still want to teach myself piano.

Do you like sports? Not even a little.... sorry.

Family: Yes, but not one of my own.

Clothing: Soft, comfortable, bright colors, no tags of scratchy stuff.

How did you find this website? I honestly don't remember, I'm just glad I did. Probably one of my many searches while trying to make sense out of all this?

Job: On disability now, but have had many successful ones over the years that took advantage of my unique skills and otherwise left me alone. Lots of years in Information Tech as a consultant, developer, admin, designer. Primarily Windows and LAMP based stuff, but also some mini and big iron work too. My preference is Linux/Apache/MySQL/PHP (LAMP)

Plans for the future? Healing and growth?

Any comments? After a lifetime of being bullied and abused because all at once I'm ubbersmart and geeky, I'm also a "ret*d" as my father called me for so long. I've taken massive amounts of abuse, which is how/why I'm on SSDI. I also have an extremely rare genetic disorder that can cause a meltdown to be possibly fatal. Basically any stress of sufficient magnitude can trigger and adrenal crisis that can easily kill me. Meltdowns, being pretty high on the stress, can trigger a raging fever, dehydration, electrolyte imbalance and cardiac shutdown. So yay, lucky me, autism can be potentially fatal for me. The really fun and amazing part is I managed to survive 48 years before getting diagnosed with it, despite the fact that in most cases, if not diagnosed at birth, it can lead to death within the first six weeks of life. Oh and I go through more salt in a week than most people to in three months. For those who remember Star Trek The Original Series episode "Man Trap" I'm kinda like Nancy Crater the salt monster/vampire. So much so that I keep salt packets in my purse in case I start crashing. It's like brittle diabetes with salt instead of sugar, where if my sodium levels drop too fast, I can get sick and die. Isn't that fun? :roll:

"My weird life, just got a whole lot weirder, by becoming less weird."

lola94
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

10 Feb 2014, 9:39 am

What is your first name?

Hobbies and Interests: dance choreography, drawing, singing

Why are you here? I feel lonely

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): 17

Favorite subjects: English

Year/Grade: second year in university

Favorite music: pop, rock, classical

Books: many books

TV shows/Movies:

Instrument:

Do you like sports? not at all

Family: My parents, two little sister

Clothing:

How did you find this website? googling :)

Job:

Englemager
Butterfly
Butterfly

11 Feb 2014, 6:58 pm

What is your first name? Kim

Hobbies and Interests: Music, spreadsheets and PC gaming

Why are you here? Because I felt homesick

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): June or July last year

Favorite subjects: People interest me and social stuff. Don't understand much, but I would like to know.

Year/Grade: None. Them evil people didn't like me :evil:

Favorite music: Steve Vai, Carl Orff, Die Antwoord, Michael Jackson, Queen, Cradle of Filth, Annie Lennox, System of a down, Händel, The Beatles.................

Books: Thousands

TV shows/Movies: I don't like movies. A series on BBC called Tribal Wives, best thing I've ever seen. Old Mythbusters, when they were still building stuff and not just blowing things up or trying to be actors. I love Jamie Hynneman and I think he's an aspie too. Remember when he said to Adam during an episode "Shut up! Leave me alone!" and Adam replied "Those people skillz", lol. I have the boxset Roseanne and I watch it more often than I probably should, which is very often. I wish I'd been a Conner :) Wipeout and documentaries etc. Actually I watch so much stuff that I don't really have time for a social life ;)

Instrument: Guitar, bass, keyboard

Do you like sports? Absolutely not! I'm reasonable fit myself. But I'd rather watch paint dry than watch sports

Family: Sure, but it's not a serious relationship

Clothing: Black

How did you find this website? Google

Job: Unemployed

Plans for the future? I wanna go home. Earthlings don't like me and vice versa

Any comments?

joeyyeoj
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

12 Feb 2014, 3:06 am

What is your first name? joey

Hobbies and Interests: chess, guitar, martial arts

Why are you here? acause I'm weird

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): no

Favorite subjects: The loyal subjects. Off with anyone else' head!

Year/Grade: '07

Favorite music: lots, sabbath, pantera, ska, grateful dead, blues, stuff like that

Books: currently reading atlas shrugged

TV shows/Movies: The walking dead, movies are good

Instrument: I play guitar but I really like brass instruments and drums

Do you like sports? I wrestled in high school :D

Family: yeah

Clothing: as long as it doesn't make my little moobs too noticeable :oops:

How did you find this website? lookin for answers a year ago

Job: no

Plans for the future? Keep applying for jobs. Learn how to make robots :twisted:

Any comments? yeah

MissAspie94
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

12 Feb 2014, 11:46 am

What is your first name? Louise

Hobbies and Interests: Drawing/writing, exercising and everything about psychology.

Why are you here? I want to meet people who are more like me.

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): When I was 13.

Favorite subjects: Sociology/psychology.

Year/Grade: Folk high-school student.

Favorite music: Pop, HipHop, R&B, 90's & 80's, etc.

Books: "Linas kvällsbok".

TV shows/Movies: Titanic, Shawshank Redemption, Doctor Who & One Tree Hill.

Instrument: No..

Do you like sports? Depends. I love running and bodybuild, thoguh.

Family: Mum, Step dad, dad, step mum, two sisters and one brother.

Clothing: Colors!

How did you find this website? I don´t remeber..

Job: Studying.

Plans for the future? Hm...

Any comments? -

rurufu
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

13 Feb 2014, 4:46 am

Name: RRF

Hobbies and Interests: reading, listening to music, arts, Ps3, psvita, Whovian, Sherlockian

Why are you here? to get to know people who tick like I do.
to understand why I am as I am

Diagnosis: diagnosed with BPD on 2004 but suspecting of misdiagnosis. Family pinpointed some traits that I have that's typical Aspie - no eye contact, taking things literally, systematic thinking instead of empathy, being blunt, etc.

Favourite music: indie, progressive rock, Korean/Japanese rock and some classical. Maximo Park, A Genuine Freakshow, Bloc Party, Blood Red Shoes, Porcupine Tree, The Pineapple Thief, Cage The Elephant, Dry The River, Nell (k-rock), A Perfect Circle, Everything Everything, etc.

Books: fiction and non fiction; mystery, supernatural, biography, mythology, classic, fantasy. All Neil Gaiman novels, Harry Potter, Edgar Allan Poe, Sheridan Lefanu, Ambrose Bierce, Agent Pendergast books, etc.

TV shows/movies: films by Tim Burton, Amelie, Dr. Who, documentary, BBC Sherlock, River Monster, The Cornetto Trilogy, Neverwhere, Misfits, animes and Japanese series/movies

Instrument: I sing a bit

Do you like sports? Sleeping and dreaming

Family: Mum, stepfather, half sister and 6 other half siblings from my real father

Clothes: I sometimes go out with a bowtie (bowties are cool), or a deerstalker haha. Mostly non clingy clothes, loose fit, no synthetics please as I'd get skin problems right away.

How did you find this website? While looking for a descent forum about Asperger

Job: RN, working at the OR since 2010

Plans for the future? Might get a new job as I think my job is the cause of my constant migraine since OR. Probably get a proper diagnosis. Work out on my anxiety issues. Maybe get social?

Any comments? No comment. Keep up the good job here!!

TotallyNotNamed
Butterfly
Butterfly

14 Feb 2014, 1:57 am

Name: Daniel

Hobbies and Interests: Art, Music, Video Games, Writing

Why are you here?: To be around other people like me.

When were you diagnosed?: Around 2004 I think (I might be wrong)

Favorite subjects: Science and Math

Year/Grade: 11th Grade

Favorite music: Metal, Classic Rock, Dubstep, Techno, Rap (Although I'm really picky with Rap)

Books: Ender's Game

TV shows/Movies: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic and Dragon Ball Z

Instrument: Bass Guitar

Do you like sports?: I kind of like soccer, but other than that, no

Family: Mother, Father, Younger Sister, Dog

Clothing: Must be comfortable

How did you find the website: Parents

Job: None

Future Plans: I would like to go to college

Other: I'm also a furry :3