Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

4hoofbeat
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

31 Mar 2015, 3:50 pm

Hi!
I've been a lurker for a while, and decided to join today. :)

My son was diagnosed when he was 6 with Aspergers. I believe it came from me. I was in a relationship that was not good for me, got divorced a couple years ago, and climbed out of the fog that I felt trapped in. I'm just now reading about and researching Aspergers. My son is 20 now, but somehow I knew instinctively how to handle him. What he needed to make his life easier.
It's very difficult to find testing for adults in my area. I think my grandfather had it more severe than my son, and I think my mom has it too.

In reading and researching, I have these "ah-ha" moments. Things make sense, I don't feel like I'm alone in my own little world. Although really I am sort of alone, I have three children, but no friends. And really, I like it that way. Friendships are a lot of work. So are relationships.. and so are kids! :lol:
If I had known way back when, what I know now, I think parts of my life would've been sooo much easier.

RoadRatt
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2015, 4:05 pm

Hey 4hoofbeat welcome. :sunny:

4hoofbeat
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

31 Mar 2015, 8:30 pm

Thank you

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2015, 8:37 pm

welcome, do you have time to enjoy any hobbies?

4hoofbeat
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

31 Mar 2015, 8:51 pm

My main hobby is horses.
i have been around/riding/owning horses since I was little, I love being at the barn. It is so peaceful. As long as I dont have to make small talk with other people. :?