Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

iinasmuch
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

01 May 2015, 6:39 pm

Hello!

I go by the internet name, iinasmuch but my real name is Alexandria. You can call me by my internet name, my real name, or some variation of the two. I was diagnosed with autism two years ago. I'm currently 23 years old. It would have helped immensely if I had been diagnosed sooner, but that was not the case and there's no going back.

I was referred to this forum for two reasons: I really need friends I can relate to and I just love internet forums. Haha. You see, I always depended on my youngest sister to be my best friend but she's 17 years old, she has friends her own age, she has a boyfriend; hanging out with big, autistic sister isn't cool. I recently had a breakdown after arguing with her which has led to me searching for support groups. I hope to find genuine friends who I can relate to and open up to like I've always done with my sister.

But I'm brand new to this site, so I'm going to start here before branching out in search of friends. I hope everyone is alright with telling me the ins and outs of this site, especially the forums. If you want to know more about me, just ask. I'm a pretty open book.

RoadRatt
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2015, 8:58 pm

Hey Alexandria welcome. :sunny:

iinasmuch
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

01 May 2015, 9:00 pm

Hello, and thank you! I'm checking out the other forums here. I might find a use for the Social Skills/Friendship forum. Heehee.

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2015, 10:16 am

Welcome.

sorrowfairiewhisper
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2015, 10:20 am

Hello iinasmuch.

Welcome.

Hyperborean
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2015, 10:26 am

Hi Alexandria, welcome to Wrong Planet! :) I hope you enjoy yourself here, it's a good place. The forums are pretty self-explanatory and for the most part people are friendly and supportive - although discussions on the Politics, Philosophy and Religion forum can get heated at times. But that's the nature of those subjects! :lol:

If you'd like to chat at some point then just send me a pm.

spatialthinker93
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

02 May 2015, 11:45 am

Hi Alexandria/Iinasmuch welcome! Hope you will enjoy your time here! I'm pretty new aswell, and I think people here is really nice! I'm soon 22 and I did go trough alot of trouble aswell because people around me or myself weren't able to pick up the signs of asperger until earlier this year. I'm also here to be open, meet friends, and develop myself in the process as I find it tiring to always put restrictions on myself. Cheers!

alex
Developer
Developer

02 May 2015, 11:46 am

Welcome to Wronf Planet! 8)

graduate122
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

04 May 2015, 2:29 pm

Hello. You've definitely come to the place. message me any time or add me on Facebook ([email protected])

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2015, 3:16 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet!

MrBear
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

12 May 2015, 10:36 pm

Welcome Alexandria. Meltdowns are hard. I have had my share over the years. I also joined this site hoping to befriend people. I know a few people on the spectrum already.