Feedback on the NEW WrongPlanet site.

Page 12 of 21 [ 335 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 21  Next

Toy_Soldier
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2014, 12:00 am

Is it just me or does the site seem to have more Trolls/Spammers? I don't remember it ever being this bad.

If every moderator doesn't have the ability to ban, they should.

I miss the profile info on Autism Diagnosis and Gender.

I don't like the list of other similar subject threads.

I miss the subdued colors of the old version.

xmh
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

15 Dec 2014, 3:35 pm

KyleTheGhost wrote:
xmh wrote:
I find it a bit ironic that Campin_Cat is complaining about the colours of the forum when he keeps overriding the defaults.

Campin_Cat's a she.

Caught out by a user using a profile picture of the opposite gender (and the forum not giving the gender info). I should have used gender neutral language.

KyleTheGhost thanks for demonstrating my point regarding font colours, light blue on a lighter blue background is not the easiest to read. Not good on a thread with a white background either

WhatHazard
Raven
Raven

15 Dec 2014, 3:44 pm

The only thing that really really hurts is the background color, it is harsh on my eyes I am squinting and I visit this site from random computers a lot so I can't install anything that would help make it better. If there is any way this is changeable please put an option to change the coloring of the site to something darker and easier on the eyes green was good I bet brown would also work well.

Belfast
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2014, 6:21 pm

This is my first attempt at posting since the big change, so I've only had chance to notice a few things:

Report/PM/Profile green boxes at bottom of post are too large (easy to accidentally click on).
Same with the "New Topic" button atop thread, next to the "Post Reply" button.
I'd like the "Edit" and "Quote" buttons to be larger, easier to find within a post.

Seems to be a lot of wasted real estate with the amount of white/blank space around text in threads/posts.
Don't understand why the boldfaced text in some other folks' posts displays as purple (if it wasn't intended).

Having the posts numbered (within the pages of a thread) would be helpful,
as would option to be able to "view single post" (so one could link to just that one).

Cannot locate the Members List, which used to be here:
http://www.wrongplanet.net/modules.php?name=Members_List

And yes, I'd like my Custom Title back, too ;)

Still wish threads in which one has (or hasn't) posted were indicated by an icon-
from the forum itself/list of threads in a given section (such as WrongPlanet Discussion or whichever).
It's a feature on other forums to which I belong that I very much appreciate/find handy.

However, overall-so far-I do like the improved speed/smoothness of how the site now works.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2014, 7:00 pm

Belfast wrote:
Don't understand why the boldfaced text in some other folks' posts displays as purple (if it wasn't intended).

it's just that user.

Belfast wrote:
as would option to be able to "view single post" (so one could link to just that one).

yes, this! on the old site, seemingly the only way to link to a specific post was to look up my own on the egosearch, and copy the URL after clicking on the link to it.

Belfast wrote:

you can try this link: http://www.wrongplanet.net/forums/memberlist.php?, but apparently there's been no users since November 2007.:scratch: you can get there by clicking on a person's username and clicking "go" next to "groups", but you should be able to access it by clicking on "my account" and then "usergroups" on the left as well.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

AntDog
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2014, 10:03 pm

This site has been experiencing a surge of spammers since the switch. They type nothing but the same words repeatedly and link probably to X rated sites most likely with malware (I haven't clicked any but that is probably what they are). The recent shortage of mods makes me worry about the newer users amid this surge especially younger ones.

xmh wrote:
KyleTheGhost thanks for demonstrating my point regarding font colours, light blue on a lighter blue background is not the easiest to read. Not good on a thread with a white background either

He/She (because Alex still hasn't implemented the gender) used to do completely white text but the color change has forced him/her to change to a light blue color.

MacGyverAspie
Toucan
Toucan

16 Dec 2014, 1:28 am

Yes, spam has become a big problem since the switch as there has been about 5 spam reports in a week now including the one on Sunday and the one just now. Maybe certain algorithms need to be changed to throttle user account creation and maybe better captchas too.

Moviefan2k4
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2014, 3:08 pm

How do I access the chat room from the new website?

Jono
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2014, 6:25 pm

Moviefan2k4 wrote:
How do I access the chat room from the new website?

You don't apparently. The chat applet is taken off the new website for now but the chatroom is still there though. Someone posted a link here to an alternative web applet from where you can still access the chatroom.

AntDog
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2014, 12:54 am

This
the
bright
white
space
everywhere
and
excessive
scrolling
required
to
navigate
through
it.
It
isn't
eye
friendly
at
all!
:cry:

Toy_Soldier
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2014, 7:00 am

WP has a Spam infestation.

"A trustworthy karate shirt with no regard for employed on the blend with in the middle of family or friends, allowing you to be can be well informed as well as the same time confident. "

Toy_Soldier
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2014, 2:10 pm

Ugh.... I had my first BELLY FAT ad that would not let me click past and had to endure for 30 seconds.

Southbound.

Belfast
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2014, 4:47 pm

Belfast wrote:
Still wish threads in which one has (or hasn't) posted were indicated by an icon-
from the forum itself/list of threads in a given section (such as WrongPlanet Discussion or whichever).
It's a feature on other forums to which I belong that I very much appreciate/find handy.

^Not positive, but I've noticed a teensy little black dot next to the icon (which shows whether it's a "stickie" or not)
of a few threads, while in a section-and those are threads in which I've posted.
A feature that makes the site easier for me to use is good news :)

Wish I could "multi-quote" (quote more than one other person's post in the same post),
so as to avoid making multiple posts in a row in same thread.

Last edited by Belfast on 17 Dec 2014, 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Belfast
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2014, 4:55 pm

Kiprobalhato wrote:
Belfast wrote:

yes, this! on the old site, seemingly the only way to link to a specific post was to look up my own on the egosearch, and copy the URL after clicking on the link to it.

Yeah, the only way I could get a URL that showed my particular post was if I copied & pasted the URL that comes up immediately after making said post.
Once I'd clicked off the page and then come back, the URL would only be for the page, but didn't bring one to the specific post on it.
Sometimes I might not realize I want to show my post to someone until it's too late, according to that limitation-
and I'd prefer to send link to the post, rather than ask person to hunt up & down entire page.
Kiprobalhato wrote:
Belfast wrote:

you can try this link: http://www.wrongplanet.net/forums/memberlist.php?, but apparently there's been no users since November 2007.:scratch: you can get there by clicking on a person's username and clicking "go" next to "groups", but you should be able to access it by clicking on "my account" and then "usergroups" on the left as well.

I tried the link and it does cut off at certain point in 2007, which seems quite odd.
Used the multi-step method you listed, and that did get me to member list which continues through present date.
I'd have never thought to look for it there ("groups" option/menu), so thank you.

Belfast
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2014, 2:38 pm

Belfast wrote:
Belfast wrote:

^Not positive, but I've noticed a teensy little black dot next to the icon (which shows whether it's a "stickie" or not)
of a few threads, while in a section-and those are threads in which I've posted.
A feature that makes the site easier for me to use is good news :)

^Was going to come back & edit this but it was too late.

The little black dot is on some threads in which I've posted, but I've run across other threads
where I know I've posted (and went through to make sure I had)-but there's no black dot on the thread.
So I'm kinda' confused about whether the black dot truly means much of anything, since it's a hit-or-miss sort of indicator.
On threads in which I've posted, sometimes it's present & sometimes it's absent. Frustrating.

littlebee
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2014, 4:42 pm

hi...just happened to stop by for the first time in several months and was shocked to see the new format of light blue against white...it reflects too much light and is very painful to my eyes which have been light sensitive since birth and i think this may be the case with many other autistic people...i do not want to change the tint of my screen unless there is a way to do it easily on just this site and then in a second change back again, as this is the only site of many i am on where the light is this bright....

i am sure there was reason for trying to change things and a genuine altruistic motivation to make this system better, and kudos for trying to do that, but there are so many glitches...quite disconcerting.....i do not want to start complaining about them all yet as i have not been back here for a while, but there are so many glitches that i think may make this site user unfriendly and difficult for autistic people.....if i stick around for a while i will give some more feedback though i wonder if it will make any difference....it is a good site though in many ways....

to conclude and reiterate-- one thing for sure...a lot of autistic people are very sensitive to light....a shame for people who come here to get help, especially new people, to have to experience pain to their eyes in order to be able to continue....

littlebee