Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

Psiri
Toucan
Toucan

16 Jan 2016, 12:53 pm

Hi there,

My name's Simon. I joined the site shortly after being diagnosed back in 2007, though I haven't posted here for years now. I was wondering if it would be ok to promote a project I'm involved with on this site? It's a crowdfunder for a social enterprise that would employ autistic people.

XFilesGeek
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2016, 9:05 am

You need to get permission from Alex.

"If we fail to anticipate the unforeseen or expect the unexpected in a universe of infinite possibilities, we may find ourselves at the mercy of anyone or anything that cannot be programmed, categorized or easily referenced."

-XFG (no longer a moderator)

Psiri
Toucan
Toucan

17 Jan 2016, 12:48 pm

Thanks. Will do.

Psiri
Toucan
Toucan

22 Jan 2016, 8:52 am

Sorry to be a pain, but I'm having trouble with the PM system.

I've tried sending Alex a message, but it won't send. It just moves into my outbox and stays there.

Can anyone help me with this?

Adamantium
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2016, 9:15 am

As I understand it when you send a PM, it goes into your outbox until it is picked up. If a PM is sitting in your outbox, it just means that member hasn't checked their PMs yet. Once the member checks their mail, it goes into your "sent" box.

The terminology is a bit misleading, but that's what it really means. This also means you can still edit or delete messages in your outbox, but not once they are "Sent" (which really means: received.)

I know that doesn't help you get your message to Alex, but at least you can be confident that it has actually been sent.

Psiri
Toucan
Toucan

22 Jan 2016, 5:56 pm

Ok thanks Adamantium, that's reassuring. :)

Psiri
Toucan
Toucan

12 Mar 2016, 1:30 pm

Hello Again,

I never received a reply from Alex about this and I'd still like to promote my project on here. (I'm running out of time.) Unless someone has an objection, I'd like to make a post about the project with a link to the crowdfunder.

dcj123
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2016, 4:24 pm

Psiri wrote:
Hello Again,

I never received a reply from Alex about this and I'd still like to promote my project on here. (I'm running out of time.) Unless someone has an objection, I'd like to make a post about the project with a link to the crowdfunder.

Its my understanding that Alex rarely allows these kinds of requests but you could mention your project with some small talk in the IRC, its #wrongplanet at freenode.

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2016, 5:01 pm

You have already been told that you need to get Alex' approval. The post you made about it has been removed and any new such post will also be removed. If surveys and fundraisers were free to post here without Alex' permission, we'd be over run with them.

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765