Page 2 of 6 [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

MidlifeAspie
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2011, 11:07 am

Well, I'm just about to give up on this idea. Two posts to the "Moderator's Attention" thread have resulted in no responses so I take their silence to be their answer.

Bumping one last time just in case.

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2011, 6:09 pm

MidlifeAspie wrote:
Well, I'm just about to give up on this idea. Two posts to the "Moderator's Attention" thread have resulted in no responses so I take their silence to be their answer.

Bumping one last time just in case.

I noticed a topic on information on how to contact Alex for a suggestion got almost immediate attention from him. If you haven't already tried this avenue, it seems like a sure way for your idea to get noticed and receive a response.

MidlifeAspie
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2011, 9:16 pm

I gave it a try.

TallyMan
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2011, 4:01 pm

Sorry for not looking in this thread before. Only Alex can create forums, maybe he will create one in the new version of the WP software, I don't know. If enough people ask for a given forum he may oblige, but like I say it is up to Alex. Moderators have no say about what forums are created.

MidlifeAspie
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2011, 4:18 pm

Thanks TallyMan. I have posted a thread in this forum with the intent of getting his attention. I appreciate the input :)

Aimless
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2011, 6:23 pm

There's this thread but it doesn't get a lot of traffic. I think this is because it's a thread and not a separate forum so people don't notice it as often.
http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt66773.html

MidlifeAspie
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2011, 6:25 pm

Thank you for bringing that to my attention. I had not seen it before.

I will have to go read through all 35 pages of previous comments to see if Alex had already turned this idea down once before, but it seems to add 105 "Yes" votes to this thread :)

Aimless
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2011, 6:37 pm

I'm not sure anyone ever asked him the question directly. I think the existing thread might get more traffic if it was at least stickied. Also, some expressed concern in the thread about information posted in the thread being used against them by the "powers that be".

MidlifeAspie
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2011, 6:39 pm

Hmm. I am not sure what that means exactly but would sure love to hear their comments on the matter. I have posted in that thread asking for comments to be made in this one.

Aimless
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2011, 6:42 pm

Well, I mean if someone has some difficulties that might be interpreted by social services as improper care. It's an issue that has come up for members here before.

MidlifeAspie
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2011, 6:46 pm

Hmm. I guess I can see that possibility. I remain anonymous in this forum myself. I haven't given out my name, address, or any other identifying information so that would not be an issue for me.

Everyone can choose their own level of involvement should this become a reality :D

Costellogirl
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

24 Feb 2011, 11:41 pm

Hello,

This is my first WP posting as I just joined last week. I wanted to say that I would love to see a separate forum for AS parents. In fact, that is what I was in search of tonight when I logged on. I was surprised not to have found one.

I think that our challenges we all face as parents (NT or not) are sometime greatly magnified by AS traits. I myself struggle with sensory overload from my children.

Thanks for your efforts to get this started!

Costellogirl
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

24 Feb 2011, 11:57 pm

Hello,

This is my first WP posting as I just joined last week. I wanted to say that I would love to see a separate forum for AS parents. In fact, that is what I was in search of tonight when I logged on. I was surprised not to have found one.

I think that our challenges we all face as parents (NT or not) are sometime greatly magnified by AS traits. I myself struggle with sensory overload from my children.

Aimless
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2011, 6:04 am

Costellogirl wrote:
Hello,

There's this but it doesn't seem to get a lot of traffic
http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt66773.html

sartresue
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2011, 11:31 am

Parenting across the years topic

Even if our children are almost grown, as my two youngest are.

You never stop being a parent once you have them. :D

Phuture Phounder of the Philosophy Phactory

NOT a believer of Mystic Woo-Woo

Beenthere
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2011, 9:30 pm

Would love to see something like this. 8)

I realize WP already has a parenting forum, but parenting on the spectrum has it's own challenges, and it would be nice to see how others deal with them somedays.