Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

14 Jun 2011, 10:15 am

anybody?

V001
Toucan
Toucan

14 Jun 2011, 10:32 am

You can post links to other sites with the image. Wrong planet doe not allow uploading to their server For example use this.
Put [img]web%20address%20without%20the%20space%20and%20at%20the%20end%20put[/img]
http://www.openclipart.org/image/90px/s ... player.png <--- take that than the image will be load on page from the other site.

Todesking
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2011, 10:59 am

Up load your picture to www.imgur.com Then after you upload the picture copy the link under message board then paste it in your post

Youtube videos are simple. You copy the link from the youtube video then you write [youtube] first then behind the link you write [/youtube]

you can look at how it's done by looking at it in a quote post

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37k72YWxDXU&feature=BFp&list=FLemQQC1puQTQ&index=2[/youtube]

Jellybean
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2011, 12:12 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybVb3t560oY[/youtube]

Did that work? Lets have a look...

(I'm having the same problem!)

EDIT: YAY IT WORKED!! ! So yes, TYPE [youtube] [/youtube]. I'm having problems with the auto link thing!

TallyMan
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2011, 12:14 pm

(Thread moved from autism discussion to wp.net discussion)

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2011, 4:03 pm

The_Green_Ego wrote:
it won't work

sorry i can't tell you why your picture/youtube buttons stopped working, mine don't work either. but there is a workaround- for pics you either go to a photohosting site such as photobucket [among others] or you can lift pictures from most websites when you do a photo search- then when you find a picture you like, you right click on top of it, a pop-up menu will appear, and at the bottom of this menu you select "properties" (click on it] and a "general" properties box will pop-up- move your mouse cursor to the middle of this box where you will see "address (url)- click and drag the entire url from beginning until the end which will have the 3-letter designator of .jpg or .gif or .png or .bmp- hit [keyboard] CTRL+C [copy, or right click mouse and select copy]- then go back into your reply box, type [no quotation marks] "[img]" then the url you copied and are now pasting, then "[/url]"-
for example, here is your avatar whose url i copied and pasted this way-
the code will look something like this-
[note that i added an extra period after the .gif so it would display the url code in the post.]
youtube works the same way, but you have to copy the site url and then paste it between "[youtube]" and "[/youtube]." [no period or quotation marks]
for clicky links, you copy the website's url, then type [no quotation marks] "[url=" then paste the url you just copied, then type "]" then type what you wanna call the weblink you're posting, then finish with "[/url]" - if you wanna add colored or differently sized fonts, then the convention will be to type "[color=red or green or whatever]" before your custom weblink description, then afterwards add "[/color]" before the "[/url]" - for size it is just "[size=29 or whatever]" "[/size]"- for example, (clicky)here is WP's front page
whose code will look like-
[url=http://www.wrongplanet.net][color=blue(clicky)here is WP's front page[/color][/url.] - [no period after url]

hope this helps :)