Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

pirateowl76
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

27 Apr 2015, 2:59 am

Regarding the "Arts, Writing, & Music" subforum:

I write. I do not wish to post my writing since I don't want critique, and I realize it'd go unread anyway.

Sometimes though, I would like to just sit and chatter to myself about my characters, stories, ongoing projects, inspirations, writing processes, new ideas, etc. And even though I do not believe anyone would ever bother reading that either, it sometimes helps to get my chattering out in the open in the SLIGHT chance that somebody sees it or is interested in what's going through my head, as opposed to me just typing up such things and saving them on my computer where nobody but me can ever see them. (What's the point of that?--they could just as easily stay in my head and never come out. Which is no fun. :( )

In fact a big part of the reason I haven't been writing very much for the past several years, when I used to be quite prolific, is the overwhelming feeling that nobody notices or cares. It gets painfully discouraging never feeling free to share anything with others.

I've considered just starting up some blog somewhere where I would post such stuff, but that would stand even less chance of being found/noticed in the vast wilderness of the Internet. At least here there are other people with odd and narrow interests, even if they aren't the same as mine.

Would a thread along the lines of what I described above be permissible in that subforum? (All posts would go into a single thread, not multiple threads.) Or would that be frowned upon as misuse of the subforum's purpose, since I wouldn't actually be posting my writing (except perhaps snippets now and then)?

This could all be moot since I'd have to actually summon the guts to start such a thread in the first place (it's taken me weeks just to come in and ask this ;_; ), and I've always felt stupid and embarrassed chattering to myself, but I figured I should ask just in case I ever reach that point. :oops:

I do rather wish the site had personal blogs for such a purpose. :/

Booyakasha
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2015, 3:16 am

Feel free to open such a thread and I must say I'm interested in what you wanted to write about. :)

MollyTroubletail
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2015, 5:05 am

It's not like there's anything usually posted in this forum in the first place. Whatever you decide to post can only liven this place up!

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2015, 5:55 am

pirateowl76 wrote:
Regarding the "Arts, Writing, & Music" subforum:

I've considered just starting up some blog somewhere where I would post such stuff, but that would stand even less chance of being found/noticed in the vast wilderness of the Internet. At least here there are other people with odd and narrow interests, even if they aren't the same as mine.

There used to be blogs attached to accounts on THIS site----maybe, when things get back-to-normal, here, there will be again.

Also, you could always start a blog somewhere else, and put its address in your profile, here----there won't be a button under your posts; but, at least, people might see your blog, that way. (I think, when you write something in the part of your profile that says, something like: "Is there anything else you would like people to know about you", the information that you put there, will appear in the upper left-hand corner of your profile, when someone clicks on your name, in one of your posts.)