Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Girlwithaspergers
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2015, 1:25 pm

I've decided on quitting the community college after 3 days. I will get the money back for my family. Couldn't deal with the anxiety every morning (waking up at 3 AM, meltdown every day before class.)

So, that's it.

AspergersActor8693
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2015, 8:46 pm

Sorry to hear about this. :(

I wouldn't give up on college entirely, it does provide many opportunities. Perhaps taking some time off would be the best thing and when and if you feel ready to give it another try.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2015, 9:33 pm

Or maybe online could be an option, then you wouldn't have to go anywhere for it and I imagine you could have a more flexible scedule. But why did you need to be waking up at 3 in the morning, seems odd a community college would have classes starting so early I think when i was in community college the earliest classes where maybe 8 in the morning...or was it a long commute?

Jezebel
Toucan
Toucan

26 Jan 2015, 10:55 pm

Wow you had to get up at 3AM?

Sorry you've come to this decision. :(
(School can be overwhelming for me too so I totally understand. For me though, it has more to do with health issues and my life being super stressful.)

I do agree with the other replies though - online is always an option. I actually started out at ASU Online but transferred to a local college because online schools tend to be more expensive.

Feyokien
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2015, 2:41 am

Good for you, hopefully it was for the best.
Wish I'd have had the good sense to quit after three days, now I'm 1.5 years deep in State College and I really don't want to be here anymore.

Online might be the best approach it removes the social barrier of standard college.

GreatAlli
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

27 Jan 2015, 3:38 am

I know these feels all to well. Were you starting full-time? When I start college, I was only taking two classes and worked my way up to a heavier load. Undoubtedly would've crashed and burned had I tried to take anymore than those two classes initially.

Girlwithaspergers
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2015, 6:54 am

The classes weren't that bad but it doesn't matter. I used to get nervous to volunteer at the preschool even though it was fun because it was still a school. I feel like being in school just gives me anxiety. And the waking up at 3 wasn't because of school. It was due to anxiety not letting me sleep.

queensamaria
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

17 Feb 2015, 1:53 pm

Don't quit on community college! It's a one-way ticket to a four-year university. Continue your education. I know because I'm doing the same thing. Don't give up.