Page 2 of 3 [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

iql23
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

15 Jan 2010, 10:32 am

I agree lunch is the worst time of the day.

I would talk to a special ed support staff or an understanding teacher about creating a lunch club, outside of the lunch room inviting the less sociable students and maybe play a board game during that time. It is a good way to make freinds who have the same social disabilites as you and great to practice social skills.

b9
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2010, 10:38 am

Quote:
I HATE lunch.

the food i bought at lunchtime was very unsatisfactory.
i got a steak sandwich and the meat was tough and sinewy, and the lettuce was starting to shrivel, and the bread was slightly stale and not toasted enough, and i decided to get out of my car and throw it in the bin after i assessed it fully.

i hated my lunch too, but it was not really my lunch because i did not eat it.

nickn3ro
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

20 Jan 2010, 12:00 pm

it used to be the most uncomfortable for me back in high school. The lines were long the food never changed and thats why I was in woodshop everyday turning something that I could sell and make money off of. I turned it into an investment lol but my senior year they messed with my lunch so I couldnt go in cause he had a class by then I had a laptop and a free wifi connection

ursaminor
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2010, 3:42 pm

GoonSquad wrote:
anarchybovine wrote:
At my school, they only have 1 vegetarian entree, which is cheese pizza. I eat that every day because I only eat meat during supper.

Umm, cheese isn't a vegetable. Just sayin'.
She said vegetarian, not vegan. Vegetarians think it's okay to take eggs and milk and cheese.

nintendogurl1990
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

23 Jan 2010, 11:46 am

The only redeeming quality of lunch for me is that I get to EAT, and nourish my body. I usually wear headphones to block out the noise while I'm eating my lunch.

anarchybovine
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

25 Jan 2010, 11:13 am

GoonSquad wrote:
anarchybovine wrote:
At my school, they only have 1 vegetarian entree, which is cheese pizza. I eat that every day because I only eat meat during supper.

Umm, cheese isn't a vegetable. Just sayin'.

Vegetarians don't just limit themselves to vegetables. Unless if they're vegan, they also eat dairy and eggs. Being a vegetarian is rather difficult in the midwest, especially in Wisconsin. Sometimes, my school serves spaghetti, but I only take it with cheese because the sauce contains meat. I wish my school had more vegetarian choices. :x

Homer_Bob
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2010, 6:52 pm

Oh I hear you, I hated lunch so much that I stopped going. The last two years of high school, I went to the library during lunch period and it worked out well.

NUTSY
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

26 Jan 2010, 8:47 am

I used to be alone at lunch until 8th grade until a friend told me to socialize. I did. it's like a wake up call..

Now years passed and I stayed with this circle of friends..actually we're not super close. But I stick with them at lunchbreak. I feel safer

I'm socially anxious..so it freaks me out to be in the crowded cafeteria.
Actually I just want to be alone in class/library like I used to before 8th grade,
But they'll call me a freak and bully me. :(
True story guys. Teenagers are mean.

One day I lose my circle of friends,I don't have anyone.
I panicked and hide in the toilet.

Don't do that too guys, the toilet is friggin smelly :(

MomAtSchool
Butterfly
Butterfly

26 Jan 2010, 12:47 pm

iql23 wrote:
I agree lunch is the worst time of the day.

I would talk to a special ed support staff or an understanding teacher about creating a lunch club, outside of the lunch room inviting the less sociable students and maybe play a board game during that time. It is a good way to make freinds who have the same social disabilites as you and great to practice social skills.

I am a high school support person for students on the spectrum. We have a quiet lunch room for many students that have a hard time being in the crowded, noisy lunch area. Students are welcome to come during lunch any day, and many find it a better atmosphere. They are welcome to use computers, Ipods, read books, etc...or just socialize with friends quietly. I think more schools should have this option.

Beatlegal
Raven
Raven

27 Jan 2010, 12:15 pm

I hated it too. I sat by myself. I always think that someone is going to sit next to me, but all they ask is the question "Is this seat taken?" They then take the chair and bring it over to another table that's always crowded with autism haters. :cry:

aspie_giraffe
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

17 Apr 2010, 3:11 am

i eat in class then at lunch i sit alone out of bounds but the teachers are okay with me doing tht, im allowed to go to the spec ed classroom, library, computer room or various other classrooms if i want, in australia we dont have to sit in a cafeteria at lunch we just sit in the playground, they dont serve food like in america, we do have a canteen but people mostly pack food and the canteen just sells pies sausage rolls chips lollys drinks sandwiches cake hotdogs toast noodles etc

Descartes
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2010, 8:56 pm

During my freshman, sophomore, and junior years in high school I would sit outside in the courtyard with the emo/goth/punk/alternative kids and eat my lunch there. It worked out fine because I usually had some friends accompany me outside.

The first semester of my senior year was pretty much the same; then the second semester began, and all the people whom I ate lunch with got different schedules and thus had different lunch periods, so I had nobody to socialize with outside in the courtyard during lunch. I stopped eating there altogether and brought my lunch back to my teacher's classroom and ate it there (the teachers don't mind me eating in their classrooms).

darkstone100
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2010, 10:38 pm

Lunch was OK, I just went to the library to read until it was over.

college though, due to how my classes are timed I have a 2 hour wait in between them, and it is mind numbingly boring, to wait through.

princesseli
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2010, 1:26 am

When I was in highschool, I used to just bring home lunch, eat it either in the library or around this isolated areas. Since I pretty much sat alone, I didnt want to go to the cafeteria where the other kids were. Its ackward.

Helixstein
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2010, 11:34 am

One that attends my school and is similar to many of the people using this website, has a very interesting morning tea/lunchtime.
Morning tea - Refreshing, peaceful, the sun is shining on the place where I sit, it is lovely......until senior students start to throw acorns at me. How primitive ! !! The library is always a nice resort, but, I like to sit outside and revise over the morning lessons.
Lunchtime - Usually, I am joined by children who like to tease me. I loathe lunchtime for this reason. It seems that every single thing that I say is related to science in some manner. This is incorrect ! So, these people say 'According to my calculations...' every time I try to speak (I speak in somewhat of a stammer, when not discussing science).

I really just would like to be left alone. Does any other homonoid who is reading this have this problem ?

Helixstein.

:?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2010, 2:52 am

If lunch were a subject it would have been my favorite one because I got to do two things I didn't get to do in any of the other subjects. Eat and space out and think about the more important things in life.

Occasionally I would play on the swings or with or ball or dig in the sand or something. Or...there was another weird kid in class and I used to eat lunch with her until her parents shipped her off to a private school.