Page 3 of 3 [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

MetalVirus93
Butterfly
Butterfly

Location: Ooooh! Who lives in Lincolnshire but not in the sea? ME-TAL VI-RUS...

25 Apr 2010, 3:34 pm

You know, I don't despise Lunchtimes, but it does get a bit sad being alone (I was always seen as a bit of a social outcast). I do sometimes go down to the Refectory to eat, but sometimes, when I'm lucky and have a few coins in my pocket, I occasionally take a trip down to the local corner shop to get a sandwich (The ones at school are pretty rubbish), but the only problem is that my school's at the top of a hill, whilst the shop is at the bottom :roll:

Dots
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2010, 6:02 pm

When I was in high school I used to hide in the bathroom to eat or go to the library. My final year was ok because I found some people to eat with but I always hated lunch. Now I'm in university and no one cares whether you sit alone.

Free speech means the right to shout 'theatre' in a crowded fire.
--Abbie Hoffman

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2010, 1:46 am

Dots wrote:
When I was in high school I used to hide in the bathroom to eat or go to the library. My final year was ok because I found some people to eat with but I always hated lunch. Now I'm in university and no one cares whether you sit alone.

Honestly it never occurred to me to be concerned that other people cared that I ate alone...

But then again I've learned some people care about quite unusual things to care about in my life!

AW
Raven
Raven

03 May 2010, 8:47 am

HEY, I have (almost) exactly the same problem! I have just started at a new school for various reasons :lol:
and yeah, everyone thinks I am lonely just because I sit alone, at least, try to. People keep coming up to me, and I have to fix a smile and talk about stuff. Blaaah. Sooo glad this is my last year at school...and all the teachers are worried about me, and talk to parents etc!
Yep, I dread lunch time - at least, when I have to talk to people who feel sorry for me ( grrr, don't don't!). Try going to the library, behind a shelf and read Guinness World Records or something completely unrelated to school work. Lunch time should not be study time, or social time( for the "uncertain" aspies)...he he :)
AW