Don't want to be another statistic!! !!

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

zeldapsychology
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2010, 9:34 pm

I've read so many horror stories of OMG student loan debt! OMG can't get rid of it through bankruptcy etc. I DID get Aid but it was Pell Grant AND loan (I think I'm going to deny the loan) since the pell grant SHOULD pay for the courses. (I'll have to see for the bill at the end of June) Still though I'm curious if I'm going down the right path! financially right now I'm paying down $1500 for a NY trip I did last summer (should have it payed off by April 2011) and should finish the AA by Fall 2011 (that's how I've planned it anyway) I'm not fussy I want a basic IN STATE college! There are plenty in FL! One in Orlando I researched about 6,000 (Think that included dorm/classes etc.) a semester so I'd say 12-15,000 a year (and with AA under my belt that'd be 2 years to get my Bachelor so I figured about $35,000 in debt. but I ALSO want to tackle Grad school which I've heard is expensive but from different WP topics I've heard of being a research assistant and getting PAYED to go to college so grad school isn't OMG expensive as much as the Bachelors will be BUT does that extra grad school money COVER the cost of the Bachelor loans you just did?! I know this all depends on state/country/school etc. but like the topic says I DON'T want to be another statistic! (although if what I hear is true being on SSI Disability I should be able to get plenty of loans) or so I've heard.

dt18
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

01 Jun 2010, 10:29 pm

How good are the universities down in Florida? I'm seriously considering moving down.