Are there any people with ASD who weren't bullied @ all?

Page 2 of 2 [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Aimless
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2010, 5:33 pm

Dnex wrote:
Cicely wrote:
I wasn't bullied. People just ignored me for the most part.

Pretty much this.

Same here, for the most part. I remember one incident in junior high. Someone sitting behind me in class kept poking me in the ribs but whenever I turned around everyone had a studiously neutral face.

Bells
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

29 Dec 2010, 1:43 am

In high school it was a combination of being ignored and bullied minorly. As far as college has been concerned, I've not had any issues at all and some of the friends I've made I KNOW would stand up for me if someone started something. It's only happened a couple times, but I've made sure that it either doesn't happen again or that the person knows that I'm not going to deal with it -- which is something I have to say I've never been able to do in the past.

DerKodeMeister
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

01 Jan 2011, 9:45 pm

I was bullied heavily by the same kids from about 1st grade all the way through 8th grade (no the school board never did anything serious about it despite numerous attempts on mine and my parents behalf.)

Now I go to an out of district high school where I'm mostly ignored.

If all mankind were to disappear, the world would regenerate back to the rich state of equilibrium that existed ten thousand years ago. If insects were to vanish, the environment would collapse into chaos.
-E.O. Wilson

mrandysmiley
Raven
Raven

02 Jan 2011, 10:07 am

I was bullied in Elementary School and half-way through Middle School. After that, people either ignored me or were friends with me. I was teased by a few people in High School but it was not nearly as bad as Elementary School.

MONKEY
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2011, 1:15 pm

Prrffft. You lucky people.
My eyes are green with envy

cro
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

03 Jan 2011, 12:28 am

My reactions to bullies tended to be either:

a.) stare at them with a dazed look saying nothing
b.) react in an overly humble and reasonable manner
c.) get as far away from the bully as possible

Personally, I prefer the first option. Luckily my bullying was mild, so I never had to take more drastic measures.

iamnotaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2011, 5:56 am

I was bullied for all of my childhood by other children and for the first three years of my teen years by my stepdad. After I turned 16 though, I grew to be 5' 11" and stronger than most adults at that time. Nobody has picked on me since then, with physical abuse anyhow, primarily because a strong potential offense is a strong deterrent defense. NB: I do not approve of physical violence, although having a physically intimidating appearance does prevent potential conflict from occurring. I will admit that the last time my stepdad wanted to prove how strong he was by attacking me (back when I was 16) I had picked him up and thrown him out the door, but I shouldn't have done that. That was the last time he and I fought, although afterward he switched to just destroying my property (which he reminded me was "his" since everything in his nasty little trailer was "his"), as well as psychological and verbal methods instead.

chrissyrun
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2011, 7:05 pm

Well, when I was really little I did (with words) but when I was in junior high, everybody was scared of me (I was kind of a rebel back then... :wink:)

In high school it hasn't really happened yet either. I mean, people will be stupid, but I've never been beat up or anything.

OneLastBreath
Toucan
Toucan

09 Jan 2011, 11:40 pm

I wasn't bullied. But I think it was due to the fact that I had really bad outbursts and most of the kids were scared of me.

sillycat
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

10 Jan 2011, 7:33 am

I was invisible..... no friends, except on Facebook which we interact once in a while, just the way I like it too! Except for some random incidences of blantant provocation and harrassment. Loved the time when some stupid dick poured some kind of itching poweder in my hair, I just resisted peacefully, already suffering from low self esteem.

But I went on to be a very ver indepensiable component on this planet, to many people. Not bad for being an invisible no existant mistake person.. lol.

wefunction
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2011, 2:38 pm

The only reason I was bullied in third grade was because the teacher incited bullying of a few students she didn't like. She didn't like me, obviously. My aspie son was bullied in third grade but he was placed in a class with children who were diagnosed with Oppositional Defiance Disorder and had a teacher that was so overwhelmed, she'd say the nastiest things to students. So, if we exempt third grade, I'm fine. :)

Aquamarine_Kitty
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

14 Jan 2011, 9:27 pm

I am only bullied sometimes by my family, mainly my little sister, lol

In school I don't think I was ever outright bullied... I guess I'm not the only one but it seems most times this is brought up that everyone has horrible bullying stories. It makes me wonder how I got to be lucky in that regard.

dossa
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2011, 6:14 pm

I was not bullied.

BottleCap
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2011, 7:30 pm

Only not in college and barely in pre-school and when I changed school. However, when I'm not bullied, I am usually in complete isolation. I think that I prefer complete isolation anyway.