Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Twilightflame
Raven
Raven

13 Sep 2011, 12:05 am

So I'm taking this university module this semester as part of my professional training on communication.

I have no choice but to take it, it's a requirement for the major.

The assessments emphasise a lot on empathy in communication, doing surveys, and both written and live communication, in which stuff like body language are graded. 8O

GF?

Also, anyone got whacked by this kind of module before as well?

MudandStars
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2011, 1:07 am

I did something similar last year I was top of my class. But it was a theoretical rather than a practical class in the end. I memorized lots about names for things and how to do stuff in theory, didn't help me much with real conversations tho.

Is your course more practically oriented? i.e. you have practical body language tests, or you just have written tests about body language terminology and facts?

?Two men looked through prison bars; one saw mud and the other stars.? Frederick Langbridge

Twilightflame
Raven
Raven

13 Sep 2011, 3:03 am

Live assessment by the tutor.

In addition, they never really spent any effort to teach the body language things. They just cursorily mentioned it, we had no chance to practice before the actual assessment.

So it's not a test on my understanding of the concepts. It's a test on my intrinsic ability to communicate holistically, through words, tone, facial expressions and body language - there's no way that within that short span of time (and zero practice) anyone could possibly have learnt enough to alter their communication patterns.

It's a neurotypical communication exercise with neurotypical people, assessed by a neurotypical tutor, with an aspie getting stuck somewhere in the middle of it.

I got like 64/100 for that assessment.

And I'm probably gonna get a crap grade for the module...

Which is a pity since my current GPA is within the first-class honour requirements. It might drag it down.