Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

FluttercordAspie93
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2013, 8:39 pm

I feel like a failure just wasting my parent's money... Because I can't even perform well on exams.

What's the point of this freaking scholarship if I can't even do well?! Sometimes, I feel like I didn't even deserve it in the first place...

Well, I took my College Algebra final today... And I'm pretty sure I flunked.

Even with the time accommodations I was given, I wasn't even able to get all of the problems done... 15/25. Because my Math skills are terrible...

I've already had to drop out of Composition II, because of my poor self esteem eating at me... And now I feel even worse.

My life is seriously screwed up as is, and this just brings it down even more...

questor
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2013, 11:20 pm

It's not the end of the world. Part of the purpose of the tests is to see where you are at in a subject, so they can better figure out what classes you should be in. So it is really just a tool, like a ruler, tape measure, or screw driver, that helps you figure things out. Also, many people don't finish all of the items on the tests. You just do the best you can.

From what you say in your post, it sounds like you are not really that academically inclined. Have you considered a vocational college or university? That might be a better fit for you. Another alternative would be to take courses online, or tutoring in your weak subjects, or to go straight into the job market.

You haven't said what your career interests are, but a vocational school might be a better fit. They do still have tests there, but the courses actually give real training in what ever job you are interested in. Regular colleges and Universities don't do as much of that.

Hope my suggestions help.