Do you consider yourself a lazy person?

Page 2 of 2 [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2014, 8:40 pm

BigSister wrote:
Only lately I've realized I wasn't motivated by 'laziness' after all. I have a lot of anxiety and it can make even tiny tasks seem colossal. If I had my way, I'd probably spend all my day in my room most every day reading fanfiction and watching television to try to block out anxiety, because even the mere act of leaving my room is just too huge seeming sometimes. (Thankfully I have outside motivators which help take the choice out of my hands - and if I don't have one, I try to set something up to make it so I have one.)

I'm not lazy. I have a disorder which makes even 'easy' things ridiculously hard at times. I can see how someone outside looking in would think that was laziness, but now I know that it's not.

I felt like that back when I was going to school. It didn't help my education and even for a few years after I left school I had this idea that I can't do anything.

I played hooky for a few months and eventually the school convinced my to come back by just telling me to come back but the so called counselor did nothing at all to help or diagnose the underlying issue. If only I had gone to a different school, not all schools are as crappy as mine was right?

zer0netgain
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2014, 9:48 am

I don't see myself as "lazy," although many others would say otherwise.

I simply do not have an interest in doing stuff that does not interest me. I've done well at forcing myself to do more than what is asked of me when I'm "on the job," but doing things most would do to grow their career and further their lives...I just have no interest in doing such things unless I really want the goal it promises to provide if I do it.

AspergersActor8693
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2014, 8:42 am

I don't really see myself as lazy. I need to be doing something that I feel is productive otherwise I get fidgety, though I do have my days where I will just sit around all day, but it is multiple things I do throughout the day instead of one thing all day. I just can't sit around and watch TV or play Video Games all day.

WellThatsDantastic
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

06 Sep 2014, 7:23 pm

I'm apparently a workaholic, according to my parents. xD

I don't consider myself a lazy person, I'm actually fairly good at getting stuff done. But I do procrastinate. A lot. For example, I have some light homework due on Monday, but it's currently 1:00 AM on Saturday and I haven't even started it. Whoops.

To be fair, in school, when we have projects, I try to start them and get it done before it's due. I've never turned anything in late before, and never had a project in on the due day. I always turn stuff in the day before it's due, because I will probably forget about it. xD

The other day I forgot my English book in my locker and I had to write two essays that were given to do in one night. I forget things at the best times!

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2014, 11:03 pm

AspergersActor8693 wrote:
I don't really see myself as lazy. I need to be doing something that I feel is productive otherwise I get fidgety, though I do have my days where I will just sit around all day, but it is multiple things I do throughout the day instead of one thing all day. I just can't sit around and watch TV or play Video Games all day.

yeh, i get this.
if i feel that i'm not being productive (for others or for my own interests), then i really won't see the point in what i'm doing and i'll do something else.
concerning school assignments, i can go above and beyond with what is expected if i enjoy it. i've done this before many times, but otherwise i'll just do the bare minimum.
i do lots of separate things spread out during the day, each getting a little bit of them done, but if one looks at just one item's progress through the day and compares it to what it would have been like if i invested all the days time in it, i can see how i can be called lazy.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

WantToHaveALife
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2015, 12:12 pm

i would say i'm lazy in the sense that i'm not assertive, or just not assertive enough to go after what i want in life, pursue what i want in life, do the work in order to acquire it, but i wouldn't say i'm lazy in the sense that if i'm offered something on a silver platter, i will work very hard in order to keep it.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2015, 4:54 pm

You mean you're problem is a lack of initiative? I often get that too.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2015, 5:03 pm

There's an enormous lazy-component in me.

I know this sounds weird: but when I was in college/university, I used to do the minimum required to get an A in some classes. Other classes, I struggled to get an A-minus, or even a B. If I had more initiative. I would have gotten more A's, and less A-minuses and B's.

I'm just a government clerk, and I've been a government clerk for 35 years. I've never gone beyond that, despite my degree.

Girlwithaspergers
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2015, 1:56 pm

I get told I'm lazy.

WantToHaveALife
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2015, 12:04 pm

RetroGamer87 wrote:
You mean you're problem is a lack of initiative? I often get that too.

ya, I guess i'm more comfortable being a follower instead of a leader

Kiriae
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2015, 3:38 pm

I'm lazy but I am effective so I get things done. I am just a huge procrastinator - I "save my energy" playing games, watching anime and sleeping long in the morning but then when I finally decide to do something I will give it my all, spend long hours completing it and... have just as much fun doing it as I have when I play. :lol: But I will choose to do it in the evening anyway - I wonder who set the rule that typical workhours should be 7am-3pm? I am at my best between 5pm and 1am. Waking up at 5-6am is like waking up in the middle of night for me.

During my university time all my classmates started writing their thesis almost 2 years before the due date. I was lazying around then and started much later, when the teacher finally forced me to. And I finished my whole thesis within 1,5 month then, working on it for 4-8 hours every evening. Sometimes I was even forgetting to eat or go to sleep - not because I was scared of the due date (I still had a few months to the finals so I was quite relaxed) but because I was too focused on the task to stop. LOL

My laziness is an on/off thing. I am either lazying around full time or become a workaholic and do much more than needed for the time being.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2015, 5:51 pm

Definitely busier now. Have found myself nearly drowning in work, though I guess I'd be able to post here more often and get more done if I didn't set aside time each week for bideo gaemz. :salut:

i tend to go full slave mode at night when no one is wake to impede me.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

CosmicKitten89
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

05 May 2015, 7:13 pm

I want to work hard. I have a full desire to, but physically I am not wired to work as hard as I desperately want to. Things such as anxiety and need for sleep and ADHD get in the way. I tried to get one of my school assignments done today, but thinking about it made me cry so I guess I'm going to have to beg my professor for mercy and explain why I need to stay up all night to do it (sleep deprivation is a quick-fix for depression, in the short term anyway; I slept for waaaay too long last night, probably because I was making myself stay up late if not all night for the previous couple of nights for this very reason)

That however is regarding subjects that I am truly dedicated to. When it comes to chores like cleaning my room on the other hand... well, I know how I work by now: I can choose to clean my room today, or I can choose to study, but only one or the other. I tend to avoid doing any kind of task, such as cooking, that I know will give my brain ample opportunity to wander so far off-track that I will not be able to reign it in. And the thought of doing such tasks makes me anxious. Actually, so does the thought of doing certain activities that I generally enjoy, just because I have had to force myself not to do them for so long that I get anxious at the thought of breaking out of the routine of not doing them (I had to force myself not to do them so that I will study; give myself an inch with some activities and I will spend all day doing that... I have to be fully absorbed in whatever I'm doing otherwise it makes me terribly anxious)

WantToHaveALife
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2015, 3:09 pm

its probably more due to depression and lack of motivation

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2015, 9:39 am

I'm a lazy somafagun!