Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

Lightning88
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2007, 4:38 pm

Okay, here's the thing. We had just moved into this school district last summer to escape my previous one (again). I had already been to two high schools and I was also homeschooled through The American School and I had a private tutor teach me. Anyway, I was really enjoying my last school and I was loved by everyone, except for some jealous immature Freshmen who were plotting ways to kill me. I had already gotten them sent to jail once, but no one ever did anything to them once they came back. Anyway, the principal finish up the first semester at my house and had my teachers come over and help me out with the schoolwork and finals. Once I finished up the first semester in January, I've just been sitting at home doing nothing. Anyway, my mom just had a meeting with the school last week and I am now going to do The American School at my school in the afternoons. A bus is picking me up at 2:00 PM and my teacher of record is going to teach me the last three credits I need to graduate (if I had stayed at that school, I wouldn't graduate for a year!). And afterwards, I'm riding the activity bus home. And this will be twice a week every week on Mondays and Wednesdays. Plus this way I get to escape the bullies, sleep in, break the school's dress code since I'm not a part of that school anymore (lol), and I still get to see my friends whenever they stay after, too. How cool is this?

dgd1788
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2007, 6:14 pm

That's pretty neat!

abstrusemortal
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

07 Mar 2007, 10:15 pm

Lightning88 wrote:
Okay, here's the thing. We had just moved into this school district last summer to escape my previous one (again). I had already been to two high schools and I was also homeschooled through The American School and I had a private tutor teach me. Anyway, I was really enjoying my last school and I was loved by everyone, except for some jealous immature Freshmen who were plotting ways to kill me. ...........

Plus this way I get to escape the bullies, sleep in, break the school's dress code since I'm not a part of that school anymore (lol), and I still get to see my friends whenever they stay after, too. How cool is this?

Why were the freshmen trying to kill you?

Nice life now though. Descartes would be proud - sleeping in part.

Lightning88
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2007, 10:23 pm

abstrusemortal wrote:
Lightning88 wrote:
Okay, here's the thing. We had just moved into this school district last summer to escape my previous one (again). I had already been to two high schools and I was also homeschooled through The American School and I had a private tutor teach me. Anyway, I was really enjoying my last school and I was loved by everyone, except for some jealous immature Freshmen who were plotting ways to kill me. ...........

Plus this way I get to escape the bullies, sleep in, break the school's dress code since I'm not a part of that school anymore (lol), and I still get to see my friends whenever they stay after, too. How cool is this?

Why were the freshmen trying to kill you?

Nice life now though. Descartes would be proud - sleeping in part.

They were jealous because I had everything they could ever ask for in life and they declared me as a homophobe (they were bi). It's a long story. Why must Freshmen be so immature? I didn't like Freshmen even when I was one! lol

deep-techno
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2007, 1:05 pm

Lightning88 wrote:
...except for some jealous immature Freshmen who were plotting ways to kill me.

What exactly is a Freshman? Did you mean Frenchman (LOL)?

Lightning88
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2007, 1:21 pm

deep-techno wrote:
Lightning88 wrote:
...except for some jealous immature Freshmen who were plotting ways to kill me.

What exactly is a Freshman? Did you mean Frenchman (LOL)?

A Freshman is someone in ninth grade here, and they're typically fourteen or fifteen years old depending on their birthday. They're the lowest grade in high school. Tenth graders are called Sophomores, eleventh graders are called Juniors, and twelth graders (me!) are called Seniors, which are at the highest level. The names are the same for people in college depending on the level since they no longer have grades. Hope this helps!

KBABZ
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Middle Earth. Er, I mean Wellywood. Wait, Wellington.

09 Mar 2007, 4:30 pm

I'd be a senior then, but I still act like a Freshman!

In a way
And sadness turned to comfort
We all go there

Lightning88
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2007, 11:32 pm

I'm going to school tomorrow!! ! I'm so nervous, yet excited! It's totally going to throw off my afternoon TV schedule, but that's what my DVR is for. I just hope everything goes well!

Lightning88
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2007, 4:51 pm

I am back from school! Here’s how it all went.

My new bus driver came about ten minutes early into my section of the neighborhood. I ran as fast as I could from the back of the courtyard (and it’s actually a bit extended) so he wouldn’t leave without me. It’s actually happened before. On the bus, he had on my favorite radio station so that was fun. And on the way from school, we saw a carpet on fire right across from a power plant. What fun! I got a picture! lol

At school, the tutoring went by really quickly. I did civics today, since that’s the only set of books we have right now, and it was actually really easy. I could’ve done it in fourth grade!

After tutoring, it was time to wait for the activity buses to come get all of us students. But who would be there none other than Brenda herself? But guess what? She was being genuinly nice to me- and not faking it! She filled me in on everything that happened at school after I left and what’s been going on in her life. Apparently she’s been suspended for a week, she’s been to juvey twice, and she nearly got sent to jail again today. Yeah, that sounds about her speed. I’m still going to keep a close eye on her just incase she switches back to being a ***** again, but in the meantime, I’m okay with her being nice. ;)

On the activity bus (Brenda rides a different one), all the other students were so happy to see me back at school and wanted to know everything that I’ve been up to. So, naturally, I told them. I had also brought along my portable DVD player so we all watched Space Jam. And we were all singing the theme of it when it came on, too! lol The back of the bus is the noisiest after all! We were really hoping the bus driver wouldn’t see the portable DVD player. We’re not sure if it was allowed or not, but we didn’t want to take our chances since she doesn’t even allow cellphones on the bus unless you’re calling your parents to say you’ll be home late. The bus ride lasted a little over an hour since I live on the very edge of the township.

So all and all, today was excellent. I’m hoping it’ll be the same on Wednesday!

larsenjw92286
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2007, 11:55 pm

Very good!