Is Anyone Else Studying like 3+ Hours Per Day Right Now?

Page 2 of 2 [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Aysmptotes
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

23 Feb 2008, 9:25 pm

Yeah I spend about three to six hours a day studying on week days and about eight hours on weekends. I don't to any work at home so it all is at school. Actually that is what I am doing at school on a saturaday right now. I have to finish all my homework or at least most of it in one setting. Then as other people are finishing their work I can compare answers and not worry about due dates.

A350XWB
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

23 Feb 2008, 9:48 pm

Mr_e wrote:
Quote:
I finished it in one night and got an A-.

I try my hardest not to do projects last minute --though given the fact that I'm in HS and forced to do loads of pointless busywork, it gets difficult. However, when you finish a project in one night and get an A, while knowing others worked for weeks and got B's or lower -- it's definitely a fun thing to laugh at. Announcing it to others though might give you some nasty looks...

If it was me, I would laugh with that person instead :D

LqdCrct
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

25 Feb 2008, 5:45 pm

i think there is a difference between studying and being productive: studying means you have to go over stuff (more than the one time) in order to understand (or better understand) it, while being productive means producing stuff (e.g. written work, lab experiments, class participation, doing stuff to put on your vita, etc.) so you can get credit for it. I never study unless I have an exam the next day but I spend at least 6 hours each weekday at school being highly productive.

lastcrazyhorn
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2008, 8:43 pm

Then of course for those of us with major projects due at the end of the semester, the line between being productive and studying can get awful blurred.

BATMAN: I'll do everything I can to rehabilitate you.
CATWOMAN: Marry me.
BATMAN: Everything except that.

http://lastcrazyhorn.wordpress.com - "Odd One Out: Reality with a refreshing slice of aspie"

Drakeman
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

27 Feb 2008, 5:31 pm

Mr_e wrote:
Quote:
I finished it in one night and got an A-.

I try my hardest not to do projects last minute --though given the fact that I'm in HS and forced to do loads of pointless busywork, it gets difficult. However, when you finish a project in one night and get an A, while knowing others worked for weeks and got B's or lower -- it's definitely a fun thing to laugh at. Announcing it to others though might give you some nasty looks...

Oh yeah, I've definitely gotten some evil looks from some people when I announce that to one of my friends and they overhear me... especially those perfect little preppy girls in high school. :lol:

I was pretty fortunate to get as good of a grade as I did in college when waiting to the last minute on that though. It was a topic I was fairly experienced with and, combined with caffeine and my excellent writing skills, I was able to work up something pretty good by my standards fairly quickly.

kit000003
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

28 Feb 2008, 12:51 am

Standard amount of homework = 8 hours a week per class

this includes reading and work, I have 5 classes, so 40 hours a week in homework

divided by 7 = 5.7 hours a day

on weeks when i have tests, this doubles (oh yeah and the business department likes to give tests all in the same week)

junior year

lastcrazyhorn
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2008, 9:05 am

I'm doing a literature review for one of my classes on the benefits of music therapy on the autistic spectrum. So basically I'm just writing about an obsession and getting a grade for it. lol

But I'm having to ILL (InterLibrary Loan) a lot of my sources; so it's rather interesting. I've been researching for two months now and the prospectus (the process you go through for getting your project approved by your prof) wasn't even due until this past Wednesday.

So up until now, I haven't really been narrowing down the search. Mostly I've been looking for anything with "autism and music" or "autistic spectrum and music" in it. It's so intense a search that I've had to get a 3 inch binder in which to put all of my sources. I've got about 40 or 50 now, I think, and I'm still getting in new ones every couple of days. Whee!! !

And that's just one project.

*headdesk*

BATMAN: I'll do everything I can to rehabilitate you.
CATWOMAN: Marry me.
BATMAN: Everything except that.

http://lastcrazyhorn.wordpress.com - "Odd One Out: Reality with a refreshing slice of aspie"

Social_Fantom
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2008, 11:56 pm

lastcrazyhorn wrote:
Like, besides me?

I spent 9 hours in the library yesterday. NINE.

My running (but painfully accurate) joke right now is that I spend 2 or 3 hours studying and then take a break by doing some research.

:roll:

9 hours!? Geez. I study like 4-6 hours a day, and 1-2 writing papers.