I think there's nobody like me at my school

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

roygerdodger
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2008, 7:03 pm

Mostly in my special ed classes, here's the reasons why:

I'm not no rich, preppy kid.
Nobody understands my childish and sarcastic personality.
I don't live (and don't know about) some other town.
I don't find TV shows like "Family Guy" and reality shows interesting.
Nobody seems to like things I like cartoons, computers, the internet, video games, etc.
I'm not over-sensitive about anything.
I don't really have a social life after-school (like after-school sports, jobs, etc).
I never had (and still not interested in) a relationship.
I don't find (current) music or movies interesting.
I must be pretty much the only one in class who doesn't have problems like hearing, seeing. reading, etc.

I can go on for hours about this.

tksteph
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

21 Apr 2008, 7:34 pm

Heh. i get where you're coming from, I started at a new school last year and I still only know about 4 people total. And they're not anyone I would hang out with outside of school. It's just tough to socialize with people who are so ingrained in their own group of friends and their own interests. Computer programming class is the only reason I ever met anyone I don't mind being around here, and even those guys get annoyed when i ramble on about linux XD.

anyhow, what are you interested in? there's got to be other kids there who are into anime or computers or whatever you're into. If not, maybe try introducing it to someone (like lending a person you know semi-well a copy of a CD you like or something.). or even complaining about how sucky school is seems to be a topic most people agree on :P