Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

PunkyKat
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2008, 2:32 am

I have always had a monotone voice. My parents say I sounded like a robot when I was younger and had no inflection. I don't sound like a robot anymore but I still have a monotone voice. It's got to do with having autism. I just CAN'T change it. I had speech therapy as a kid and STILL talk in a monotone. I just learned that one of the requirements for vet school is public speaking. I could probably learn to do everything that is required but I cannot change my voice. Will they refuse to give me a good grade because I am not speaking the way the want me too? I imagine I will have to get an advocate for college and vet school in general but will I have to sue for discrimation? I cannot change my voice.

donkey
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2008, 3:34 am

yeah, prosody impairment or lack of,

definetly an AS feature.

i tend to be monotone and lack intonation and inflection in my voice.

i am also a vet.....
no need to sue anyone.

you will get by with practice.

Sling
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

11 Oct 2008, 8:14 am

My voice isn't allways monotone but I have pitch oddities as I speak in addition to that. >=/