Actually, for once, looking forwad to college this year

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

Mutanatia
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

26 Aug 2008, 9:03 pm

I know I've ranted about various things that happened last year (IE, my last girlfriend bossing me into sex until I was ready), my last roomy being annoying, my first girlfriend cheating, etc.

But this is besides the point.

This summer, this very summer I was reminded, so far at least, that there are decent people out in my college.

For instance, consider Dom.

Dom (A girl) texted me out of the blue this summer ot ask me how I was doing. I pretty much told her how I dreaded school, and she didn't seem to get too annoyed at me--besides my negative attitude. She's the first girl who I had the nerve to ask out, and she said no (2 years ago). BUT! She stayed true to her word and remained my friend. SHe reminded me that, though I may have run into several scumbags, there are still some decent people out there :)

Also, consider my new roomy, Rob. Rob has a car, which he has volunteered to drive me to school (about a mile away) when the semester begins if our schedules match. He may be a drinker, and he may have a girlfriend. But I think, thanks mostly to you guys who have helped me develop my social skills, that I will be able to navigate this. You see, it's an apartment. And though I have no place to go, I can still sleep on the couch outside the apartment when he has his girlfriend over. All I'm going to ask him to do is to call ahead in advance (15-30 mins) before they get to the apartment. This way, I can move all the stuff that I need (IE, laptops) out of the room so he can have the room to him and his girl. He also drinks, but as long as he doesn't force it on me, I will be happy. Compared to the other roomys I've had (which isn't saying much :-p), he seems to be MUCH more considerate, and MUCH more friendly. And, on top of that, he seems to be a bit awkward, something that will fit in perfectly with me :)