Page 2 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Forsaken
Raven
Raven

30 Dec 2008, 11:08 am

I live next to a university, I am aware of many Aspie (or aspi like) people going into medicine.
I work at a local daycare for parents going to the university so I see much.

Last edited by Forsaken on 30 Dec 2008, 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wikan
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

30 Dec 2008, 11:12 am

Cardiology is the way to go today, I think..

LabPet
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2009, 3:13 am

chamoisee wrote:
ThisUserNameIsTaken wrote:
Like I said, it's just what I've heard from my pre-med friends. I don't know how true it is, I'm just saying it's a possibility you should be aware of when picking which field you want to go into.

It might have some truth to it. However, asking a person's age during an interview is not legal, and I look younger than I am....I still get carded. :lol:

I would not specifically know but I do understand age is not truly an issue - and you ARE young! Plus you do have an academic background (not as if you're starting from nothing). No worries.....many Aspies DO look, and act, young too.

I think your direction, such as pathology or surgery, is right on the mark. This would ideal for you! Actually most Aspies have a science proclitivity - this is to your advantage. I am in the sciences and thrive as no where else.

Lab Pet encourages you! As far as your specialization; you indicated your interests plus you will invariably find your path, usually via an academic mentor. I would definitely advise this - my advisor/PI is very influential, and inspirational, for me. Is there one you admire/like that you can ask? I do know Dr. Grandin, for example (not in med field, but a scientist) has said she emulates those she finds especially influential and this is formative for her. Yes.

Also, consider what is in need in the locale you wish to reside. This is a guide too. And your own inclination.

chamoisee - Could you watch my video link (URL below)? Maybe this would show you what I can do. I am firstly a chemist, now in neuroscience.

I really love to see another Autist thrive in their own academic interest!

Phagocyte
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2009, 11:19 am

Labpet, the video was very interesting. And I love V8! :)

LabPet
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2009, 5:12 pm

Phagocyte wrote:
Labpet, the video was very interesting. And I love V8! :)

Thank you....V8 is the best robot!