Page 2 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

GreatCeleryStalk
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2009, 2:39 pm

If you mean switching schools at the BA level, it's not usually done. Get some field school and/or research/field experience where you are and you'll be in better shape for grad apps than most.

Urthred
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

19 Mar 2009, 5:45 pm

well the problem with that is my school is making anthropology a minor so ill end up being a scoiology major with a minor in anthropology so in order to continue as i need to transfer(that and the anthropology department here sucks)

ruennsheng
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2009, 1:56 am

Then transfer to another school if you can... Because in the end, only research rules in anthropology...

GreatCeleryStalk
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2009, 4:47 am

In that case, transfer!

colonel1fan
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

21 Mar 2009, 8:32 pm

Right now, I'm in the process of changing my major to anthropology and hopefully focus specifically on archaeology (possibly underwater/maritime). Anyways, I don't have any experience yet, but I do plan on going into the Peace Corps. I hope to learn about the cultures that I come across through that and then I can get experience before I get into Grad School (one that works with the Peace Corps and offers a degree in Anthropology. Not many choices in picking one at the moment.