Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2011, 4:41 pm

Heterosexual.

Raven_Morris
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

18 Jul 2011, 6:36 pm

In those limited choices of the poll, I chose Heterosexual, but it is not entirely accurate.

The problem with the terms "heterosexual", "bisexual" and "homosexual" is that they are not accurate means of specifying which gender(s) a person is attracted to, at any given time in their life.

Nobody is purely heterosexual or homosexual. The best way I have found to visualise it is as a scale:

100%[||||||||||||||||||||0||||||||||||||||||||]100%

At one end is heterosexual, the other homosexual, the middle zero-point being purely bisexual with no preference at all for which gender their partners or fantasies might contain.

Most people who call themselves heterosexual or homosexual would fall at about the 90% to that side of the spectrum.

More importantly, a person's sexuality is not fixed. For the majority of people, their place on the scale will not deviate too far after puberty, perhaps in the range of 5 to 20%.

For some, it will make a gradual shift in one direction, and travel much further. This covers people for instance who grow up and have a family, and then after head toward homosexuality. In my studies I have observed that there seems to be a component to this of the desire for having kids trumping the desire for personal sexual fulfillment.

For still others, their position on the scale change regularly throughout their life, and even on a day-to-day or month-to-month basis. One day they might feel much more attracted to women, the next men. It is a very different way of experiencing life than someone whose position on the scale rarely shifts.

For me, my position on the scale during my early years (before during and shortly after puberty) was flying around regularly, often going past the zero-point to the homosexual side, but usually being on the low heterosexual side, around 20% and above.

Throughout my adult life, after my sexuality settled itself, I have been situated around 80% on the heterosexual side. I don't find homosexuality off-putting at all, but it is not usually my main fantasy or desire.

I have never been in a homosexual relationship, and have been in two heterosexual relationships.

Akiba108
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

18 Jul 2011, 10:55 pm

Heterosexual. :chin:

littlelily613
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2011, 9:31 pm

I am asexual, but if I wasn't I would be heterosexual.

EQ=8 SQ=93 (Extreme Systemizer)
Alexithymia Quiz=164/185 (high)

Ettina
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2011, 3:55 pm

I'm probably the most asexual person I've encountered. Even masturbating feels no different from touching any other body part.

Megz
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2011, 4:35 pm

Megz wrote:
Asexual Panromantic

Apparently, demi-sexual is the more appropriate label. Why is this stuff so confusing?

jmnixon95
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2011, 5:08 pm

Megz wrote:
Why is this stuff so confusing?

People made it that way.
Let's play a game: how many of these terms didn't exist fifty years ago!! !

wallpapersz
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

07 Sep 2011, 11:19 pm

najisexual :twisted: :arrow: :twisted:

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2011, 2:09 am

versatile. heaven on earth would be to be part of a menage a trois or sex sandwich, with another guy and gal or 3 guys switch-hitting one another. the combined sensations and variety would be very stimulating.

Descartes
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2011, 6:40 pm

auntblabby wrote:
versatile. heaven on earth would be to be part of a menage a trois or sex sandwich, with another guy and gal or 3 guys switch-hitting one another. the combined sensations and variety would be very stimulating.

Oh, auntblabby, you always have a way with words. :lol:

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2011, 7:26 pm

Descartes wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

doesn't all that sound like a blast? Image

Raven_Morris
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

11 Sep 2011, 9:41 pm

auntblabby wrote:
Descartes wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

doesn't all that sound like a blast? Image

I was trying to figure out what you meant by "switch hitting one another". Isn't switch hitting a baseball term that means someone bats for someone else? *confused* :P

Sounds interesting, for sure!

SnowWhite88
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

11 Sep 2011, 11:49 pm

I usually don't think about this much, but I chose heterosexual.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2011, 1:06 am

Raven_Morris wrote:
I was trying to figure out what you meant by "switch hitting one another". Isn't switch hitting a baseball term that means someone bats for someone else? *confused* :P Sounds interesting, for sure!

i could never tell the difference between a metaphor and a simile, but the baseball term was one or the other, i guess. only instead of baseball it is bootyball, and the bat is the baby batter baster, taking turns boffing one another in each other's booty.

Raven_Morris
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

12 Sep 2011, 12:55 pm

auntblabby wrote:
Raven_Morris wrote:
I was trying to figure out what you meant by "switch hitting one another". Isn't switch hitting a baseball term that means someone bats for someone else? *confused* :P Sounds interesting, for sure!

i could never tell the difference between a metaphor and a simile, but the baseball term was one or the other, i guess. only instead of baseball it is bootyball, and the bat is the baby batter baster, taking turns boffing one another in each other's booty.

I always thought that symmetrically it would be very cool to see a large daisy chain of guys boffing each other, so nobody is left out, forming a circle. :P

b9
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2011, 1:37 pm

i annoy gay people when they ask me if i am gay.
i am not gay. i actually have a repulsion for standard "maleness".

i still am like a child hormonally, and i am more like a girl than a man, and i see that men have knobbly thick knees that are square, and they have hairy legs and chests and underarms and groins. they look disgusting to me.

not many girls are disgusting, but very many men are. i see "girls" as "clean and hygenic and smoothe and soft and wise" in a way that men can not be often wise.

i like the shape of girls, and i do not like the shape of men, and so i am not "gay" or "bi".

but i do not give the question much consideration in a day to day sense. i am never "horny" (as it were) because i am always busy when i am not asleep.