Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

HaySkyNat
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

07 May 2013, 12:01 am

I currently work in a busy restaurant two nights a week as a dish washer. I just clean and wash dishes. Not something I want to do for the rest of my life, but the good thing about this job is that I am in my own little section of the restaurant and I don't have to talk to anyone and put on a fake smile for customers. I do talk to the chefs and waitstaff if I have to. I pretty much keep to myself....

Anyway, as I said, I am only working two nights a week and I need more money, I have two job interviews this week. One is for a cleaning job (cleaning private homes) adn the other is working in a restaurant and for this job I will have to deal with customers.. apparently the restaurant gets quite busy as well..

I am not a people person. I am only good with dealing with very small groups or one on one. I am wondering (if I get offered both jobs) should I take the cleaning job which is only part time and less money or take the restaurant job which is full time, more money but I REALLY don't want to deal with heaps of customers at once. It overwhelms me.

Also, I actually love cleaning and find it to be theraputic and releases stress. Plus with the cleaning job the clients aren't always going to be home anyway..

MjrMajorMajor
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2013, 12:59 am

Cleaning job, hands down. It sounds unlikely that you'll be cleaning up absolute dives, so go for it. Good luck. :)

Andras
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2013, 3:38 pm

Cleaning job.

I just don't think you'll be able to handle the restaurant job well from your description of how you are.

It's either:

1. More money but more stress (and possibly health problems if it gets really heavy on you)
2. Less money but less stress (and you'll probably have fun doing it!)

So what if you got less money, at least you're happy and not stressed out. Oh and there's the chance at the restaurant job that you'll get fired because you aren't capable of handling it.

managertina
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2013, 10:44 pm

If money is your main concern, go for cleaning... it will stand you in a better place in the long run, and if you want, you can work on social skills while on the job.

Aspie test: 84/200 aspie
NT score 109/200
You have aspie and NT traits

I love to read, sing and laugh out loud!
I love the original Star Wars movie.
One day, I would love to play the ukelele.

backagain
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

19 May 2013, 11:58 pm

You sound like you answered your own question! Good luck!