Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

Angnix
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2020, 5:24 am

https://www.indeed.com/m/viewjob?jk=650 ... eicua34800

Remote with eventual relocation... Teaching intellectually disabled adults... People with disabilities encouraged to apply... Hmmm!! !

Avatar: A Shiny from the new Pokemon Pearl remake, Shiny Chatot... I named him TaterTot...

FINALLY diagnosed with ASD 2/6/2020

Teach51
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2020, 1:18 pm

Angnix wrote:
https://www.indeed.com/m/viewjob?jk=650633d9769258da&from=app-tracker-post_apply-appcard&tk=1enssbeicua34800

Remote with eventual relocation... Teaching intellectually disabled adults... People with disabilities encouraged to apply... Hmmm!! !

It looks really promising Angnix, and the pay is not bad at all by my country's standards, I think that you should apply. What is going through your mind at the moment regarding the position?

Angnix
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2020, 1:36 pm

Teach51 wrote:
Angnix wrote:
https://www.indeed.com/m/viewjob?jk=650633d9769258da&from=app-tracker-post_apply-appcard&tk=1enssbeicua34800

It looks really promising Angnix, and the pay is not bad at all by my country's standards, I think that you should apply. What is going through your mind at the moment regarding the position?

I did apply... Let's hope!

Avatar: A Shiny from the new Pokemon Pearl remake, Shiny Chatot... I named him TaterTot...

Teach51
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2020, 3:15 pm

Angnix wrote:
Teach51 wrote:
Angnix wrote:

I did apply... Let's hope!

Fingers crossed for you!

Angnix
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2020, 4:39 pm

I found a remote AmeriCorps naturalist too...

I'm gonna keep looking at remote stuff... And there is so much of those now... I'll find something and not have to move now!! !

Teach51
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2020, 8:39 am

How's it going Angnix? Anything evolving from your applications?

Angnix
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2020, 11:42 am

No.... Im discouraged because I spoke to someone over the phone about a remote bird teaching job and the lady literally said my voice was disjointed and I was too hard to understand...

Teach51
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2020, 4:51 pm

Sorry to hear that, but you are not easily discouraged, keep trying. I teach on Zoom and clarity of tone and diction are very important that's true. What other alternatives are there available? Have you been to the river lately and taken more pics? I'm rooting for you. :heart:

Tawaki
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2020, 5:04 pm

Angnix wrote:
No.... Im discouraged because I spoke to someone over the phone about a remote bird teaching job and the lady literally said my voice was disjointed and I was too hard to understand...

What does disjointed mean?

Word salad (doubtful)?

Rambling, tangential?

It's hard to answer a question, so I might ramble a bit to get to the point?

Odd pauses in sentences that most people don't do?

Though this comment has to really sting, at least you can look at it a bit deeper to see if is IS true.

You write well. So does my Aspie husband. He'd never survive an interview because he monologs each question. He'll also do this dead stop in the middle of the conversation. I don't notice it because I've been with him for 38 years. Joe Biff job interviewer certainly would.

Could you ask your therapist about it? Tell them it might be killing your job interviews.

It maybe be nothing, or it could be enlightening.

Good luck!