Veteran

28 Apr 2024, 4:42 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEC2Nq7Z6lc

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2024, 5:11 pm

I thought this was a good video.

People aged 18-35 and below are definitely being screwed over and have been screwed over versus the previous generation.

The older a person is from 35 and onwards, the less likely they are to have been affected by the new economic 'deal', i.e, an economy that has begun terribly for them and which has never stopped being terrible, without having had the opportunity of a previous window of a decent economy and to have built up any significant amount of wealth, particularly via property before everyone started getting poorer.

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2024, 8:05 pm

I wish this country still had strong labor unions so the working and middle classes can afford the American Dream. I fear the American Dream is no more for the vast majority of millennials and Gen Z. I likely wont ever be able to afford the American Dream on my own without help from my parents. I wish homes were a lot cheaper than they are now. I wish millennials and gen z made at least as much if not more than the Boomers did when they were our age.I am distraught because I went to college and got a bachelor's degree and the best job I can get is Walmart or McDonalds.They outsourced all the good jobs and a lot of the job growth is low wage McJobs that dont pay a living wage. I think everyone who works 40 hours a week and is a college grad should be able to make a living wage. The Boomers flushed the American Dream down the toilet.

Lost_dragon
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2024, 1:13 pm

Yeah. It's not easy. It's difficult not to feel burnout by the process. Whenever people tell me about what it was like during an economic boom... it just doesn't sound real. I know it happened, but it's just so alien to me since I haven't lived through anything like that. The economy has been flatlining for a while and then Covid hit and now it's worse. What comes up must come down, but surely it's not normal for it to just stay terrible forever?

It's really tiring having to answer pretentious questions for jobs that aren't even that great.