Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Iloverussia
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

30 Jan 2010, 6:30 am

I am 16 in 10th grade. I have decent grades and should be taking some college level courses soon for college credits. (I am cyber schooled but I got to the college for their courses).

Anyways I am pretty gifted with speaking, debating, language (besides spelling), and history. My science is okay but my math is just bad. I was thinking of several of the following jobs:

Military: My family has a military history. I also hear aspies do good in the service plus the free college is a bonus. Also it puts you on the fact track for making money rather than waiting several years. Add to the fact I might be able to do something where I have to deal with Russians...such fun!! !

Linguist: This field is growing and I enjoy it. I would minor in Russian so I could become a translator. Also lots of job op.

Writer/Journalism: My non-internet writing is actually very good. My only problem is I can only write when motivated...which is very rare.

I want to do something with my life. I want to be part Rommel, part Hunter S. Thompson, part Chomsky, with just alittle Putin on top.

Avarice
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2010, 7:16 am

I'm also in Year 10. Figuring out just what path to take is difficult, I've decided to become an Electrician. I have good Mathematical skills, like working with electricity, etc.

I don't know whether Aspies do better in the military, it's possible. I would wait until these wars are over before joining though.

Well, my advice would be, take the courses you're likely to need for your career, and try to get a headstart whill in school, for example, I could get a school-based apprenticeship next year, not many do, but it's possible. If I do that I'll have two years of a four year apprenticeship finished before I graduate. Try to find something similar to that which will help you in the future.