Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Sneezy24
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

18 Sep 2009, 5:31 am

Removed.

Last edited by Sneezy24 on 19 Sep 2009, 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Oregon
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

18 Sep 2009, 8:02 am

What has helped me is to go into acting/roleplay mode. I'm playing a part on stage when I interview or give a presentation. I try not to think in terms of how I would react to a given situation, but how the character I am portraying would react.

It works for me.. maybe it's escapism, but it gets me past some tough situations that I normally would fall apart.

EngishForAliens
Raven
Raven

19 Sep 2009, 3:00 pm

I had to do something a little bit like this a long time ago and it really upset me too.

To help myself I made up a list of the 7 people I had to go and see and assigned them each a time of day when I would approach them. I also wrote down the questions I was going to ask. I even emailed them all first thing in the morning to let them know as it helped me to feel like they were expecting me. This meant I had a schedule for the day and I was able to concentrate on each person 1 at a time and not get overwhelmed by the whole task.

Also what I learned that day is that most people are delighted to get a break from work and meet someone new, they loved telling me about how important everything they do is and were very enthusiastic. I expected them to react like me and be annoyed at the interruption and irritated by the questions. The task got easier throughout the day as I began to realise this. Telling your son this might help? Also that he won't be the only grad they have to do this with and they will probably know what he has to ask them.