Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Invincible
Raven
Raven

07 Jul 2010, 10:13 am

I just got home from VESID and now I have to take a Vocational Assessment to see what I'm good at before they help me find a job.

On top of that, the person who gave me a psychological assessment back in April said in his report that I don't have Aspergers. He said it was mainly financial depression. Sorry, but my depression never came from financial issues; and most likely I do have Aspergers in some form or another which would explain how fast I was able to do the Block design test so quickly. Not only that, but my VESID counselor told me to call public assistance and also get help from them.

In short, here I go again :cry:

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2010, 2:24 pm

Those vocational assessments drive me up the wall. I used to have to take them.

Suiseiten
Raven
Raven

14 Jul 2010, 2:14 am

Part of me actually wants to take one. It's irritating not to have a clue on any job that isn't entry level to go into. This last year, I've began to question what good I'd be at anything to the point where it's depressing.

Invincible
Raven
Raven

14 Jul 2010, 3:08 am

I know I'm good at drawing, but I know that that's not what they're going to assess.

Jaydog1212
Toucan
Toucan

18 Jul 2010, 10:54 am

Vocational testing wasn't very helpful for me. It seems like they never spit out anything new I didn't already know to begin with. All of the information that is inputted is spit out in a report that tells the same thing in different words. The pool of jobs that it pulls from is rather shallow. It also doesn't take in to account deal breakers for aspies that may not be a big deal for NTs. (subtle things in environment etc --using the telephone etc). I guess if you are TOTALLY lost (which I still am) it might point to some overall themes to look at. But don't expect it to be the magic 8 ball that tells you what you are suppose to do with your life.

Invincible
Raven
Raven

26 Jul 2010, 5:54 am

Jaydog1212 wrote:
Vocational testing wasn't very helpful for me. It seems like they never spit out anything new I didn't already know to begin with. All of the information that is inputted is spit out in a report that tells the same thing in different words. The pool of jobs that it pulls from is rather shallow. It also doesn't take in to account deal breakers for aspies that may not be a big deal for NTs. (subtle things in environment etc --using the telephone etc). I guess if you are TOTALLY lost (which I still am) it might point to some overall themes to look at. But don't expect it to be the magic 8 ball that tells you what you are suppose to do with your life.

At this point, I don't even own a Magic 8 Ball.

BTW, my 5-10 days of vocational assessment starts today :?