I worked on the new Sarah Jessica Parker movie yesterday!

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

Daryl_Blonder
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

11 Mar 2011, 7:23 pm

I didn't get to meet the stars on this one though, my job was to drive the film prints from Boston to New York... but still, I was a part of it and made some really good connections!

"When you grow up you'll be put in a container called a cubicle"... NOT DARYL BLONDER!! !! :D

******************************************************************************************

Check out my IMDB page!

wefunction
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2011, 1:36 am

That's awesome! I hope it leads to some good work in the near future!

Daryl_Blonder
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

12 Mar 2011, 7:05 pm

Thank you :D From what I hear Boston has lots of movies filming this summer so things are looking up!

********************************************************************************************

Check out my IMDB page!

Simmian7
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2011, 8:28 pm

that is really awesome. it's a fun line of work, huh?

i've done two movies
one with ewan mcgregor
one with al pacino

maybe I should temporarily move to boston for the summer, since Michigan won't get movies anymore thanx to Snyder. :evil:

It's like someone's calling out to me. Writing it all down...it's like I'm calling back to them.
(quote from August Rush; but used as a reference to my writing)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
My ASD AQ score is 42
#DemandCartoonDiversity

Daryl_Blonder
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

15 Mar 2011, 6:00 am

What was it that you worked on?

There's always Chicago... they are oftentimes busy during the summer. I heard they are doing a sequel to Dark Knight, I would assume it would be filmed there.

Check out my IMDB page!

rabbit90
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

16 Mar 2011, 1:59 am

You look like you should be in a boy band from the 90's.

This is not an insult, nor a compliment....

So is your job to just drive round the prints for films? Or is that something you do for cash and want to get into something else?

Daryl_Blonder
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

16 Mar 2011, 6:18 am

Yes, that's mostly what my jobs on films and commercials have been in recent times. Once in awhile I get to work on set itself. Either way it's very good money and I'm just saving as much $$$ as I can while I plan my next move in life.

Check out my IMDB page!

rabbit90
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

16 Mar 2011, 8:19 am

That's realllllllllly cool!!

If you don't mind me asking, how did you get into that line of work?

Daryl_Blonder
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

16 Mar 2011, 7:27 pm

It's a lonnnng story how I got hooked up I'll try to make it short... I used to want to be an actor, and it may have seemed like a pipe dream but I landed a small role five years ago as the Yankee team batboy on an ESPN miniseries shot in CT called "The Bronx is Burning." I was above an extra, but below a main cast member; I had my own trailer, and filmed a couple lines which weren't shown on the final cut. I was also a stand-in.

After the show wrapped I asked everyone I could about how I could get on another movie, doing anything. Most of the crew was from NY, but one person from Boston gave me the number of a booking service up in MA that refers production assistants. PAs are mostly recent graduates from film school but it's an entry level position that doesn't really require any education or experience, and my work as a stand-in was good enough for the referral service to take me on. I've worked as a gopher, caterer, and "film runner". Most of what I do now is just drive film prints to NYC and pick up the dailies to return to Boston, that's what I've become known for among film and commercial crews. I drove prints for the Ben Affleck movie "The Town" on several occasions.

How I got into the business was pure luck. If I hadn't gotten that role I don't know where I'd be now. I may have a job on a Mark Wahlberg movie that is starting in May but I won't hear for a few weeks.

Even if I'm not acting anymore (the last thing I did was a bit part in "And Away We Go" which was filmed in CT) it's good money, and the jobs only last for a few days or weeks which gives me financial and personal freedom way beyond what most people have. While I work out what I do next I have a good cash flow coming. And there's still a magic to being on a movie set. I can't imagine a better career for an Aspie that can't sleep whose special interest is road networks. (Reliably getting from Boston to New York at any time of the day, and avoiding traffic, is almost an art form.)

****************************************************************************************

Check out my IMDB page!

Simmian7
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2011, 7:49 pm

Daryl_Blonder wrote:
What was it that you worked on?

There's always Chicago... they are oftentimes busy during the summer. I heard they are doing a sequel to Dark Knight, I would assume it would be filmed there.

Check out my IMDB page!

My biggest role so far was getting a line on "You Don't Know Jack". I even got a film credit for that one.
My scene is toward the end of the movie, when the 'reporter' asks random people about their opinion on Kevorkian, I am the girl the first one that is shown. You can't miss me.

It's like someone's calling out to me. Writing it all down...it's like I'm calling back to them.
(quote from August Rush; but used as a reference to my writing)
My ASD AQ score is 42
#DemandCartoonDiversity