Massively Important about job assessments!

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Supersega
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

30 Jun 2011, 11:52 pm

Recently while looking for a new job, especially online, I discovered that after I filled out my information I was directed to answer questions in an online assessment. After about a dozen of these with no calls back, I became curious as to the nature of these assessments. It seems that these assessments rate peoples personalities. I must have been failing them. Just to see, I filled out the next three assessments with my answers differently. I answered the questions as if I were someone who had empathy for others and loved being around people. Guess what happened? I received calls from all three companies wanting interviews.

My advice to all of you like me....pretend you have empathy, caring, and a deep concern for others and you will have a better chance at passing these assessments which are clearly anti-autistic-employee assessments in my opinion!! !

LostInEmulation
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2011, 2:51 am

Indeed assessments and interviews do not actually measure the real you but instead your acting abilities. They do for everyone, autie, aspie, NT. I think this is because life does force you to act quite often, especially in a job, to do things you hate, so they consider that skill most important.

Penguins cannot fly because what cannot fly cannot crash!

SadAspy
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2011, 6:16 pm

I've both told the truth and lied on the personality assessment tests. I don't get a call-back either way. It's very difficult for me to even get an interview.

VIDEODROME
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2011, 7:52 pm

I failed the job assessment for Walmart. 8O

MyWorld
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

05 Jul 2011, 1:32 am

VIDEODROME wrote:
I failed the job assessment for Walmart. 8O

So did I. Either that, or I was overqualified. Most of the time, Walmart hires people who barely speak English, have few if any job prospects, have been on welfare or other government assistance, and whatnot.