I have a job, work from home, I should feel lucky-but emails

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

whatamess
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2011, 1:54 pm

I know that I am fortunate to have a job now that I can work from home, etc...but the constant conference calls and emails are truly exhausting. It's like everyone is running around like chickens...everyone sending emails all day long...conference calls that accomplish nothing...and then, because of it, my performance suffers because I only have so many hours per day I can work. How do you handle this? Right now when I get overwhelmed I just disconnect myself from the computer and take a break. It is still a bit difficult, especially in how rude some emails seem to be. Maybe it's just me, but to me if you want to "correct" someone on a procedure or something, you just let them know...you don't have to copy in everyone. I try to help those who are constantly being put down by others so that they shine...instead, I feel that people are constantly being nasty in emails and when I fire back, in a nice way, it is still seen as "mean" from me.

example

1 guy sends email saying, this is now fixed...
1 send email saying "when can we check it"
I get response saying "that's not for me to answer, you need to be checking with such and such"

WTH? I asked YOU because you stated it was fixed, then maybe you should not be telling everyone things are fixed and should be going by that same person you referred me to...sigh...

It just seems that I should not have so much stress.

On another issue, I am responsible for X...there are a couple of people who get CC on an email and THEY reply to the email...so of course, I don't since someone has already replied. Then I get told, "you haven't replied"...huh? Then stay out of my stuff and stop replying to emails that are directed to me.

It hasn't been that long in this job, but it is really wearing me down. I don't understand why people are so mean and rude to others...I just don't get it...I can't deal with it very well, as I feel constantly under attack from these people.

I wish I could just go back to working alone, even if I made peanuts in comparison to a real job...sigh...but of course, I have to pay bills and our family is counting on me and my income.