Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

smothered
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

19 Nov 2011, 7:13 am

Hey guys and girls,

Are there any WP members that work, or have worked as a mailman? From what I've seen, it seems like a great job for an aspie. No customers, work at your own pace, relatively unchanging mechanical work.

I just got asked to do a medical with Australia Post to work as a walking postman. Even passed the psychometric assessment!!

What does everyone think?
Thank you

DoniiMann
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

19 Nov 2011, 7:38 am

Sounds great. You get to be outside on your own delivering letters. Ideal job.

Got a mate who just moved to Canberra last week. Small world.

MissWiggy
Raven
Raven

20 Nov 2011, 5:28 am

It definitely sounds like an ideal job for an aspie. Good luck with getting it and I hope you enjoy it :D

Runus
Butterfly
Butterfly

20 Nov 2011, 5:44 am

I worked for royal mail as a postie for a few years. It has it's good and bad points. The best part was being out on your own unsupervised. You work pretty much at your own pace but you are expected to finish by a certain time. The less enjoyable part for me was prepping my delivery (sorting the letters for delivery back at the office). I dunno about the postal services in other countries but in the UK the royal Mail is a very male dominated macho enviroment and some mornings it felt like I was in the monkey house at the Zoo!

smothered
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

20 Nov 2011, 8:49 pm

Turns out they gave away the walking postie role. Sadly I don't have a motorcycle licence, and am way too fat for their pushbikes at the moment. Luckily they said they would get me an interview for a night sorting role. I can't complain, because I would get penalty rates for night shift, and plus, I function better at night anyway.