Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

billypony
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

04 May 2012, 7:57 pm

I really need a job. I don't know what to do. I can't drive and I'm too scared to use public transport. I can't work in a shop or as a waitress because I can't talk to people. I don't live near any offices or factories for filing or packing jobs. I've asked in all the quiet shops and there's nothing. All cleaning jobs want experience and most of them want a driving liscense. The only thing I could do is work in a kennels or cattery (I've had a job in two different kennels) but there isn't any jobs available in any nearby kennels. I've asked. On top of all that I'm too scared to go to the job centre to claim benefits. I went a few weeks ago and had a really horrible time and just couldn't bring myself to go back. What can I do to find a job? Any job sugestions?

questor
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2012, 9:51 pm

Look into work at home jobs and self employment. If that doesn't work, you will have to look into getting a disability diagnosis so you can get money to live on.

Some ideas--and you can probably come up with others:

- Take in typing, or do free lance typing projects.
- Other computer based work at home.
- House and pet sitting. You would need to be bonded for this.
- Cooking meals at home to sell to others.
- Gardening for others. It's a good idea to have your own garden too, to keep your food costs down. If you don't have a patch of ground, you can still grow a few things in pots by a window.
- Yard work/mowing.
- Errand/shop service.
- Tutor kids.
- You could advertise to check on and be a companion for the elderly and disabled.
- Pick up pet poop from client's yards a couple of times a week. Don't laugh. I read about how a number of people are making good money at this. The pet owners either don't have the time, or can't bend too good, or just don't want to handle the stuff, but do want the poop disposed of, so they are willing to pay for someone to pick it up, usually twice a week, but in homes with more dogs, probably three times would be better.

The local libraries have books on self employment and work at home jobs that will list many more jobs than I listed here. Look into this, and good luck! :D