Trying to mimic common human social themes- hilarious result

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Sabrah
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

24 Sep 2015, 10:38 am

So, at work I often try to mimic common social themes/routines displayed my coworkers and managers. Sometimes I learn successful tricks that seem to work on other people, other times.. the results are a little off.

Here is an example: One of my old bosses was a really big fat woman. She displayed gigantic fake smiles very often and despite being very mean/screaming a lot/and often using a threatening tone of voice-she constantly used a lot of fake polite language. This contrast between her actual behavior and her fake polite language confused me immensely so I tried to copy her behavior and make a social joke using the same sort of tactic. Here is how it went:

Boss: "Sabrah! Are you excited for Christmas to come?" *Extremely exaggerated tone of voice*
Me: '"Yes, maybe since you are so fat you can surprise your kids by dressing up like Santa Clause."
Boss: "What did you say?! !!"
Me: "Maybe since you are so fat you can surprise your kids by dressing up like Santa Clause." (At the time I thought she simply wanted me to repeat myself)
Boss: *Jaw dropped, eyebrows pointed downwards in a severe manner*
Me: "That's very funny, isn't it?"
Boss: "Get back on front counter.."

Have you ever had such an experience?

SocOfAutism
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2015, 7:32 pm

hahahahaha!