Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

namaste
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2012, 5:17 am

i have been allotted responsibility of a school where i will be managing attendance records, data sheets everything
a new girl has joined recently
she asked me to collect the phone numbers of the students from this school and give it to her
since she also takes tuition classes during the day and she can contact these students and
ask them to join her coaching class
initially i said that i don't have data of particular class
but again next day she was asking data of the most of the students
i said its not permitted since we are a NGO and we are in these schools for just providing
some free services we cannot take the personal numbers of students and approach them for any
personal benefit its just not permitted
i don't know whether i am right or wrong and more surprising is that why she is approaching me
there is a other colleague also but she is not approaching that colleague maybe because i look
vulnerable and fool are other aspie's taken for a ride like this???

Nascaireacht
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

24 Jun 2012, 7:04 am

It's a bit hard to tell without knowing the individuals involved, but it certainly sounds suspicious. If you're not supposed to give out numbers, then stick to that and don't do it. You'll be the person in trouble if kids start asking how she got their number. She won't take the rap.

namaste
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2012, 7:06 am

Nascaireacht wrote:
It's a bit hard to tell without knowing the individuals involved, but it certainly sounds suspicious. If you're not supposed to give out numbers, then stick to that and don't do it. You'll be the person in trouble if kids start asking how she got their number. She won't take the rap.

yes since i am in senior position there i am responsible for things around there
and definitely i will get the rap when wrong things happen there

Roman
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2012, 7:45 am

I see your user name is Indian word. Are you in India? Here are my thoughts:

1. If you are White and you are in India, Indians might be trying to take advantage of you, they like to trick foreigners

2. If you are Indian and you live in the West, perhaps the Western kids have heard that Indians are not honest and are hoping to take advantage of it

3. If you are Indian in India then perhaps they are taking advantage of your Asperger.

By the way I am a Westerner working in India and from time to time Indians are trying to take me for a ride which really pisses me off.

DonkeyBuster
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2012, 11:51 am

Is there a supervisor you can check w/to see if it would be appropriate to give out that information? It doesn't seem like it from here, but it's hard to tell for sure. And if it is inappropriate, they might like to know what she is up to, trying to essentially steal information for her own profit.

namaste
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2012, 11:56 am

Roman wrote:
I see your user name is Indian word. Are you in India? Here are my thoughts:

1. If you are White and you are in India, Indians might be trying to take advantage of you, they like to trick foreigners

2. If you are Indian and you live in the West, perhaps the Western kids have heard that Indians are not honest and are hoping to take advantage of it

3. If you are Indian in India then perhaps they are taking advantage of your Asperger.

By the way I am a Westerner working in India and from time to time Indians are trying to take me for a ride which really pisses me off.

Actually its the third one i am a indian born and living in india due to childhood abuse and probably asperger people are taking advantage of me
but i find it surprising because why she contacted me only
and she has joined only two days back its really desperate of her to attempt such a thing quite early in her career.

namaste
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2012, 11:58 am

Roman wrote:

I am sorry to hear this but you should be extra careful here due to poverty lot of opportunities lot of people are indulging in illegal activities.

namaste
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2012, 11:59 am

DonkeyBuster wrote:
Is there a supervisor you can check w/to see if it would be appropriate to give out that information? It doesn't seem like it from here, but it's hard to tell for sure. And if it is inappropriate, they might like to know what she is up to, trying to essentially steal information for her own profit.

i was thinking about doing that but i thought it might be appropriate if i just warned her since she is new and doesn't know the rules of the company and if she continues with such activities i might have to report her.

DonkeyBuster
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2012, 1:04 pm

I think it might be better to go to your supervisor. If she's the vindictive type & you warn her off, she could backstab you. And if it comes out later that you knew what she was up to & didn't say, you could get disciplined for colluding. I'd pass the responsibility for dealing w/her to someone else.

thewhitrbbit
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2012, 1:07 pm

I would report this behavior immediately.

She sounds like she is trying to capture personal information so she can make a profit off of it.

namaste
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2012, 4:41 am

DonkeyBuster wrote:
I think it might be better to go to your supervisor. If she's the vindictive type & you warn her off, she could backstab you. And if it comes out later that you knew what she was up to & didn't say, you could get disciplined for colluding. I'd pass the responsibility for dealing w/her to someone else.

i told my supervisor about this behaviour of her

actually she called up the supervisor and asked permission to keep the laptop with her which is provided by company to me
she told the supervisor that since i have a laptop at home it wont be needed for me and she wants to take it home

i told the supervisor that i am incharge of the laptop and if anything happens to it i would be responsible
and she is quite new to give her away such things at that sametime i informed supervisor about her previous
behaviour of asking personal data of students for profit.

so that supervisor can get a brief idea about her cunning nature.

namaste
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2012, 4:43 am

thewhitrbbit wrote:
I would report this behavior immediately.

She sounds like she is trying to capture personal information so she can make a profit off of it.

she is new and i just gave her a chance to understand rules
i felt everyone should be given one chance.
but as a caution i informed my supervisor and not asst. manager or project head

DonkeyBuster
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2012, 8:26 am

namaste wrote:
she is new and i just gave her a chance to understand rules
i felt everyone should be given one chance.
but as a caution i informed my supervisor and not asst. manager or project head

Sounds like you took care of things pretty well. What was your supervisor's response to this?