No, but I wouldn't wear it everyday. 31%  31%  [ 11 ]
No. 9%  9%  [ 3 ]
I like suits. 20%  20%  [ 7 ]
Total votes : 35

Aniihya
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2015, 12:59 pm

I was forced to wear suits at work and then protested the last year I worked. They threatened to fire me, made my life a living hell and threatened to write it into my record. But they never fired me or wrote it into my annual report. However my contract wasn't extended when it expired but I hated it there anyway. I wasn't challenged enough by the labour I did there.

xenocity
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2015, 3:32 pm

Not many people enjoy wearing suits.
Hell many work places don't enforce dress clothes anymore.

If you want to work at given place, you have to accept their dress code.

MollyTroubletail
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2015, 3:41 pm

How are women supposed to answer this question, or are we supposed to answer at all, or switch "suit" for "business clothes"?

will@rd
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2015, 3:50 pm

I don't mind a nice jacket, and I have even learned to tolerate a tie, but I hate dress slacks and stiff shoes for sheer sensory issues. If I can wear the jacket with jeans, I'm okay with that.

xenocity
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2015, 4:26 pm

MollyTroubletail wrote:
How are women supposed to answer this question, or are we supposed to answer at all, or switch "suit" for "business clothes"?

Women's pants suits exist.... Just ask Hillary Clinton.

Aniihya
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2015, 4:45 pm

I absolutely cannot wear ties as I freak out within 20 minutes of putting one on.

carthago
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

31 Mar 2015, 10:16 pm

My old suits were from G2000 and M&S. Their styles look nice, but they were uncomfortable. My newer suits are from Banana Republic and Boss. I'm more comfortable in them. I find the American style low arm cut generally feels better. Most people can be comfortable in a suit, if it's well fitted.

Homer_Bob
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2015, 8:33 am

I never had any jobs that required them. In fact less and less jobs require them nowadays.

"The less I know about other people's affairs, the happier I am. I'm not interested in caring about people. I once worked with a guy for three years and never learned his name. The best friend I ever had. We still never talk sometimes."

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2015, 8:46 am

I once went to Brooks Brothers to buy a suit and they wouldn't sell me one!

izzeme
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2015, 9:31 am

I don't mind suits, as long as they fit decently (which means they have to be tailored).
Ties are different though, i hate those with a passion. luckily i haven't needed one of those for years (but i need a suit almost monthly)

BetwixtBetween
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2015, 10:51 am

I love my silk and satin lined wool suits. I love my silk suits. My linen suits are great too, though not as great as silk. I bought them all second-hand.

I thought I hated suits for years. As it turns out, I just hate ill fitting clothes that don't breathe and don't feel good against my skin- synthetic or synthetic blend suits included.

So, no and yes.

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2015, 1:52 pm

I think tailoring was the issue--it is likely that my small size and their selection of sizes was totally beyond the abilities of their tailor!

MissDorkness
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2015, 9:42 pm

Clothes are clothes.
All I care about is how much they cost.

I dislike having to have two wardrobes, so, I primarily dress "business casual" 7 days a week.

I think people who "as a matter of principle" rail against clothing standards are kinda silly.
It's all cloth. Why does it matter? It's really beyond me why people are so interested in clothes they do or do not wear.

The only dress code I have a problem with is my company saying it is preferable for women to wear makeup.
That's expensive. It smells. And it feels weird.
I'm not a fan, and men don't have to do it, so, why should I?

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2015, 9:57 pm

Dress suits, pants suits, it doesn't matter to me, I just hate wearing "formal" clothes. When was the last I'm I even had an opportunity to get dressed up for something? I don't even remember.

invaderhorizongreen
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2015, 9:33 pm

I am quite happy to have a work uniform, other than that I hate dressing up for any reason.

Sheepski
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

06 Apr 2015, 4:59 am

I like suits to be honest. I feel good when wearing one, and I don't get judged on my dress code like I would in my own clothes. Or at least there's less room to judge - a suit is a suit but as soon as you're in other clothes it's; "is it casual enough, smart enough, do these colours "go", does this give the right image for this job/place etc".