Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

managertina
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2013, 11:51 pm

How do you folks forgive people whom you feel have wronged you?

Basically speaking, I was let go from a job last year where I gave my very very best efforts continually, and was made to feel badly on a regular, almost daily basis. In one meeting, my manager told me that, during my first week, every manager had called her up to tell her how weird or strange I was, even though they grew to like me. If that conversation had been in isolation, I would have not cared so much. But the vast amount of negativities added up, and I was truly down.

One year, one diagnosis, and lots of support later, I am, contrary to the belief of my previous manager, successful in my current job. But my previous employer is pretty important to my line of work. Some of my current colleagues work with my former organization.

How do you guys move past and forgive? How long does the process take?

AspergerSupport
Butterfly
Butterfly

31 Mar 2013, 1:33 am

I find it hard to forgive people too. Lemme know when you find a method that works :!: :P

namaste
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2013, 5:09 am

I forgive in the sense i talk to them....but i maintain a distance
Because relationships are like chinaware once broken can be mended but crack is always there
My mom, in laws hurt me a lot they beat me mercilessly
But yet i keep in touch with them
Means not in good sense i get my work done from them
i dont talk with them much

Silence is the most powerful feedback to being hurt

WrongWay
Toucan
Toucan

31 Mar 2013, 11:03 pm

I think try to distract yourself from thinking about your previous job and forget what's happened, it's over now. There will always be people out there who 'wrong' you, perhaps the circumstances just weren't right or they have problems themselves. It's great that you're doing well in your current job, so focus on that. If your current colleagues bring it up try to avoid/change the subject if possible.

managertina
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2013, 12:19 am

WrongWay wrote:
I think try to distract yourself from thinking about your previous job and forget what's happened, it's over now. There will always be people out there who 'wrong' you, perhaps the circumstances just weren't right or they have problems themselves. It's great that you're doing well in your current job, so focus on that. If your current colleagues bring it up try to avoid/change the subject if possible.

WrongWay, thanks! I need to be reminded of these things! I sometimes forget that there was an 'experiment' that was going on to cut costs at the same time that was really stressing things out with my manager.