A category of people who can get jobs without education?

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

infilove
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2015, 3:03 pm

I'm 30 years old and throughout my life up to this point, I seem to have noticed a specific genre of people who seemed to have chosen to slack off in high school, seem to skip the formal college education for the simple fact that they simple don't want to. Yet..they end up seemingly having the ability to land just about any kind job of any kind of type, pay, and skill level of their choosing anyway because of their outgoing nature and natural knack of interacting with people. Do you agree that there is a a specific category people in the world like this- people who can pretty much land any kind of job even without formal education because they are going at socializing?

aspie quiz results; http://www.rdos.net/eng/poly12c.php?p1= ... =80&p12=28

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2015, 3:28 pm

You've just described my brother....except he didn't try to slack off in school, he just had some trouble with the way school is formatted...changed schools a couple times and then the last school he was going to started changing from when he started there so things just got kinda screwed up. So for him it was kind of a combination of bad luck...and having obscure learning styles that aren't very compatible with regular school curriculum's. Right now he's doing the night audit or whatever for a motel....and apparently people have left reviews on those motel review sites that specifically mention him as an awesome night audit. Sort of funny because my mom and other family kept nagging him and nagging him and assuming he was just slacking off and spending all his time smoking pot before he got the job....then he turned around and easily got a job and still smokes so whatever...I knew he could do it, without making drastic changes to his lifestyle others doubted it.

I don't have that kind of charisma or people skills....he still wants to get his GED so he can maybe pursue some more college education or technical school of some kind but its not like he would 'need' to per say.