Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

azulene
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

07 Jan 2009, 12:00 pm

Microsocial Agenda of Domination vs Macrosocial Agenda of Contribution

I used to work in a research laboratory and I was darn good at what I did. More so, I loved it. It completed me as a person and allowed me to fulfill my purpose.

I whenever a project fell in my lap, I would have a working prototype in a matter of hours. On one occasion, a project quoted for $750k over 1 year took me 45 minutes at the cost of $1.50. (The customer never found out about it and the project was not even taken up...?)

I had a Macrosocial Agenda of Contribution. The main project I was working on, was going towards production. Jobs would be created. Society would reap the benefits from tax-payers investment. The world would be a better place...

The main project got over $2M in funding as I was getting all of their impossible milestones on time. The global director of the sponsor company desiring technology X said I was doing more by myself than another laboratory of 100 employees completely devoted to doing the same thing.

Some people, it turns out, projected their own Microsocial Agenda of Domination (MAD) onto me. They thought I was trying to out compete them on some silly personal social level, when I was trying to contribute to society. Australia's sick tall poppy syndrome was put into full thrust by some very insecure people.

Jobs were created, and everyone else got paid double what I did. One of my supervisors was kind enough to inform me of this on several occasions. Then it was simply a matter of kicking back, destroying my results, telling people I was a drunk, calling me a trator for answering questions to the project sponsor, or telling everyone I had burnt out when I refused to answer questions, and generally, continuously systematically vandalizing me until I quit. In the 3 months I wasn't paid, directly after they got the grant, I ran out of savings, could not pay rent and in the end could not buy food. My weight loss was explained, in front of me, as supporting evidence to me being "burnt out". It wasn't your normal soul assassination where you can't prove anything, they left a massive paper trail.

I was not completely stupid, however, I finished the project 12 months before I left. I just didn't tell anyone while I was there. Clearly if I told them about it then, they would would have no choice but to murder me. I was lucky to get away with only having my car destroyed by someone pouring water / bleach into the engine oil (air cooled engine, so it couldn't have been from the radiator) and I developed a complementary speech impediment and a tick..

I moved interstate, thinking I was literally lucky to get out of that hell-hole alive, and tried to hook up with the original sponsor for the project. I told them I had resolved all of their patent issues and knew how to get their product to full specification. The character assassination thing started again with them. They offered me a very pathetic $3k for everything I knew. I told them "good luck" (seriously, that is all I said) and never got in contact with them again.

Instead, I got in contact with another research institute involved with the project. When I told them I could do in 1 day what the rest of the entire project could not do in 18 months (at a cost of $1.5M), well you can probably guess by now how enthusiastic they were...

I must have done something incredibly evil for this stuff to happen you must think? If I did, it must have been one of those raise eyebrow, scratch nose, stand with a slant equivalents to raping and murdering everyones family.

I haven't had paid employment for 12 months, although I am basically working for free at the moment fixing up cars (gonna sell 'em when their done, or at the very least have something to drive).

Anyway, I am beginning to get a picture of how immensely important it is to have a Microsocial Agenda of Domination and what a very, very, nasty thing it is to have a Macrosocial Agenda of Contribution.

Am I going learn from this by becoming a scumbag?

Take the turkeys to court?

Should I sell what I know to their competitors for $1.37 or $1M?

Should I give up?

NEVER!!

I am going to scrape together whatever social security payment, do whatever crappy job to get some cash together, to do my own research, to file my own patents and give it to those lovely people for free. With MY company name on it. I am going to make sure they cannot have global market product X viable (for their $1bn/pa market) without me giving it to them.

If they don't like competitiveness, they will love this! Of course, I won't be talking to the normal bosses, I will be talking to theirs....