Page 4 of 4 [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2024, 5:39 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
Well yesterday my dad said that if he made me blind by the eclipse he would get 500 extra dollars a month in Social Security.I hated that sick demented joke that my dad made so he promised that if the eclipse made me legally blind I would get 75 percent of the estate after they die and I got it in writing and signed by him.Thats not counting the personal injury suit if he blinds me.He also threatened to throw a rag at me tonight.He also told me that most fathers would have knocked out my teeth by now.However he also said that most fathers would be in jail for knocking out my teeth.My dad also yelled at me multiple times tonight.He has been yelling at me all my life.

He sounds like a deeply unstable, unpleasant person to have to interact with or depend on.

It doesn't sound like living with him is safe.

Why hasn't religion turned him into a good person. I thought it was supposed to teach people good morals and how to live correctly in God's eyes.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2024, 6:58 pm

RetroGamer87 wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
Well yesterday my dad said that if he made me blind by the eclipse he would get 500 extra dollars a month in Social Security.I hated that sick demented joke that my dad made so he promised that if the eclipse made me legally blind I would get 75 percent of the estate after they die and I got it in writing and signed by him.Thats not counting the personal injury suit if he blinds me.He also threatened to throw a rag at me tonight.He also told me that most fathers would have knocked out my teeth by now.However he also said that most fathers would be in jail for knocking out my teeth.My dad also yelled at me multiple times tonight.He has been yelling at me all my life.

He sounds like a deeply unstable, unpleasant person to have to interact with or depend on.

Why hasn't religion turned him into a good person. I thought it was supposed to teach people good morals and how to live correctly in God's eyes.

Broadly, the Protestant position is that one is saved through grace alone, which means how one behaves is irrelevant so long as they're saved by grace. Why limit one's behaviour to good deeds when good deeds aren't incentivized?

The only other explanation is that many Christians don't actually believe in their God, which is why they knowingly engage in sin.

The former explanation assumes they do believe in a God and just want a coherent internal logic to excuse behaviour they know would be considered sinful in the eyes of said God, the latter assumes they're as skeptical as non-believers, but have other reasons to continue to participate in their church community, which requires confessing certain core beliefs whether they believe them 100% or not.

Regardless, I don't believe a religion can spread good morality when it's primary focus is on how to please their all-powerful creator rather than on ethical living. Christian morality is much more rooted in clean and unclean notions than it is in ethics, even if we accept that Christianity and it's founder focused more on ethics than what it was spawned from.

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2024, 8:06 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
RetroGamer87 wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Texasmoneyman300 wrote:

Broadly, the Protestant position is that one is saved through grace alone, which means how one behaves is irrelevant so long as they're saved by grace. Why limit one's behaviour to good deeds when good deeds aren't incentivized?

The only other explanation is that many Christians don't actually believe in their God, which is why they knowingly engage in sin.

The former explanation assumes they do believe in a God and just want a coherent internal logic to excuse behaviour they know would be considered sinful in the eyes of said God, the latter assumes they're as skeptical as non-believers, but have other reasons to continue to participate in their church community, which requires confessing certain core beliefs whether they believe them 100% or not.

Regardless, I don't believe a religion can spread good morality when it's primary focus is on how to please their all-powerful creator rather than on ethical living. Christian morality is much more rooted in clean and unclean notions than it is in ethics, even if we accept that Christianity and it's founder focused more on ethics than what it was spawned from.

The church of Christ has never believed in salvation through grace alone.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2024, 8:10 pm

Texasmoneyman300 wrote:

Interesting and thank you for the correction regarding CoC.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2024, 11:54 pm

Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
RetroGamer87 wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Texasmoneyman300 wrote:

Then what else is required for salvation?

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2024, 2:06 am

the church of Christ requires immersion in water for the forgiveness of sins RetroGamer.Also the church of Christ requires all its members to live a good moral Christian life and obey God every day to maintain salvation even after baptism.I would also argue that the church of Christ should require all members to sell their homes and give everything to the poor in accordance with what Jesus said.

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2024, 6:15 am

honeytoast wrote:
Dude you gotta get out.

Save as much money as you can, talk with a social worker, look into getting a job. Do something because your father is abusive. I would avoid trying to post things that are likely to cause to fight and get you into a dangerous situation. Its best to hide low, save money, and leave.

My social worker stopped seeing me and refused to see me again because I got a one month job which did not work out.Also I am not legally allowed to have my own bank account or checking account because my mom is my representative payee for my social security and my mom and dad control my personal finances 100 percent and there is no way to stop that.It is a federal crime for me to save my own money in my own account because of the 2,000 dollar rule.

Also my parents dont let me save as much money as I want.They keep me from saving the amount of money they want and my dad threatens to call the cops on me for elder abuse when I try to get him to change that.I have been been unemployed for about 7 to 8 years not counting my ultra short stint at a McJob.I am basically unemployable but I am currently trying to get a job and I think I am scheduled to have appointment with my vocational rehab person but she only wants me to make 9 dollars per hour so I hope I can make more than 9 dollars an hour.I have money but its in my retirement and trust fund and I am hesitant to do something that would drastically reduce my standard of living when I am elderly potentially.

honeytoast
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2024, 8:38 am

Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
honeytoast wrote:
Dude you gotta get out.

Save as much money as you can, talk with a social worker, look into getting a job. Do something because your father is abusive. I would avoid trying to post things that are likely to cause to fight and get you into a dangerous situation. Its best to hide low, save money, and leave.

My social worker stopped seeing me and refused to see me again because I got a one month job which did not work out.Also I am not legally allowed to have my own bank account or checking account because my mom is my representative payee for my social security and my mom and dad control my personal finances 100 percent and there is no way to stop that.It is a federal crime for me to save my own money in my own account because of the 2,000 dollar rule.

Also my parents dont let me save as much money as I want.They keep me from saving the amount of money they want and my dad threatens to call the cops on me for elder abuse when I try to get him to change that.I have been been unemployed for about 7 to 8 years not counting my ultra short stint at a McJob.I am basically unemployable but I am currently trying to get a job and I think I am scheduled to have appointment with my vocational rehab person but she only wants me to make 9 dollars per hour so I hope I can make more than 9 dollars an hour.I have money but its in my retirement and trust fund and I am hesitant to do something that would drastically reduce my standard of living when I am elderly potentially.

You already have a low "standard of living " when your dad is beating you up and threatening your life.

~~~~

believe in the broken clock and who's side will time be on?

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2024, 8:59 pm

honeytoast wrote:
Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
honeytoast wrote:
Dude you gotta get out.

You already have a low "standard of living " when your dad is beating you up and threatening your life.

Actually I have a materially high standard of living through my parents because they have a really high standard of living and I live with them.I could never have a high standard of living if I lived on my own.Also I cant afford rent or anything like that and my parents will not pay my rent and allow me to save the money for retirement.Moving out now would cost me at least 1 Million dollars in investment returns.My dad has not made me bleed so I would not say he has beat me up.I have no way of maintaining a high standard of living long term because I am unemployable.

honeytoast
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2024, 9:46 pm

>High standard of living

>My dad was arrested and given a misdemeanor for abusing me. He threatens me every day if I don't abide by his rules. He's destroyed my property. He has pointed a loaded gun at me. He has verbally abused me.

Pick one. How can you be this daft about your circumstances like come on.

~~~~

honeytoast
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2024, 9:51 pm

how the f**k do you call abuse being high standard. read what you've been writing and say that is normal parenting behavior.

~~~~

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2024, 11:38 pm

honeytoast wrote:
>High standard of living

>My dad was arrested and given a misdemeanor for abusing me. He threatens me every day if I don't abide by his rules. He's destroyed my property. He has pointed a loaded gun at me. He has verbally abused me.

Pick one. How can you be this daft about your circumstances like come on.

You are completely right that the abuse is anything but high standard of living. By materially high standard of living I simply meant the fact that I live in a big house in a premier neighborhood with parents that make hundreds of thousands per year.Other than that you are right but by materially high standard of living I simply mean the surroundings I live in.My dad was not arrested.He was given a ticket.There is nothing I can do to change my situation.I will have to live with my parents prolly until they die because I have no way of making money and supporting myself so its either live with my parents and put up with them or be homeless and die on the streets.Please forgive me for the confusion but I was not calling my parent's abuse high standard of living.....I was saying that living in America in a nice big home is high standard of living.Also even if I live in a poor area of the country like Oklahoma or Arkansas or New Mexico that would still be a high standard of living by global standards. I am saving money in order to establish a church of Christ colony so I get out of this situation.My dad is going to buy me a 100 acre ranch that I plan on establishing my commune on.

Last edited by Texasmoneyman300 on 19 Apr 2024, 4:28 am, edited 2 times in total.

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2024, 3:06 am

The only way I could move out and still save for retirement is to sue my parents for the return of my life savings because they forced me to loan them my life savings although they have never made a single monthly payment back to me.I dont want to be estranged from my parents if I sued them in this lifetime.The only way I could pull off living on my own and maintain my retirement savings rate is to sue my parents and the lawyers would prolly get all the money so whats the point.My parents owe me money but they wont pay up.I could very well get shunned by my church if I sue my parents for return of my life savings that my parents extorted from me over a decade ago.There is nothing I can do to get out of this situation.I am utterly helpless in this situation.My parents have offered to buy me a home but then I would not be able to save for retirement which would potentially cost me millions in lost retirement savings by the time I am 80.My parents owe me a lot of money but it would be considered sinful by the church of Christ to take legal action.I will prolly wait until my parent's estate is being settled before I try to collect on their debt that I owe me.I truly am sorry for the confusion and misunderstanding and lack of clarity of my definition of materially high standard of living.

Last edited by Texasmoneyman300 on 19 Apr 2024, 5:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2024, 3:30 am

I have asked an elder in the church of Christ to help me with my dire poverty but my church refuses to help me with my poverty by giving me financial assistance so the only way I have to make a income is to become a panhandler and my dad most likely would not let me be a beggar even though its the only way I can make anything.

Nades
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2024, 3:45 am

Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
The only way I could move out and still save for retirement is to sue my parents for the return of my life savings because they forced me to loan them my life savings although they have never made a single monthly payment back to me.I dont want to be estranged from my parents if I sued them in this lifetime.The only way I could pull off living on my own and maintain my retirement savings rate is to sue my parents and the lawyers would prolly get all the money so whats the point.My parents owe me money but they wont pay up.I could very well get shunned by my church if I sue my parents for return of my life savings that my parents extorted from me over a decade ago.There is nothing I can do to get out of this situation.I am utterly helpless in this situation.My parents have offered to buy me a home but then I would not be able to save for retirement which would potentially cost me millions in lost retirement savings by the time I am 80.My parents owe me a lot of money but it would be considered sinful by the church of Christ to take legal action.I will prolly wait until my parent's estate is being settled before I try to collect on their debt that I owe me.

The more you mention your parents the worse they become. How much have they taken off you?

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2024, 4:13 am

Nades wrote:
Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
The only way I could move out and still save for retirement is to sue my parents for the return of my life savings because they forced me to loan them my life savings although they have never made a single monthly payment back to me.I dont want to be estranged from my parents if I sued them in this lifetime.The only way I could pull off living on my own and maintain my retirement savings rate is to sue my parents and the lawyers would prolly get all the money so whats the point.My parents owe me money but they wont pay up.I could very well get shunned by my church if I sue my parents for return of my life savings that my parents extorted from me over a decade ago.There is nothing I can do to get out of this situation.I am utterly helpless in this situation.My parents have offered to buy me a home but then I would not be able to save for retirement which would potentially cost me millions in lost retirement savings by the time I am 80.My parents owe me a lot of money but it would be considered sinful by the church of Christ to take legal action.I will prolly wait until my parent's estate is being settled before I try to collect on their debt that I owe me.

The more you mention your parents the worse they become. How much have they taken off you?

My parents owe me many thousands of dollars.They gaslight me and I say they dont owe me anything and that I owe them for raising me and letting me live with them past 18.My mom and dad made me get on government welfare and thats why I had to give them all my life savings even though they were making possibly making me hundreds of thousands and were multi-millionaires possibly when they extorted my life savings so I could get on welfare.I wanted to go to the police for their extortion but then I would have been homeless with nowhere to go and I would have died on the streets.I am still trying to hire a petroleum landman so I can get out of this mess because the petroleum landman should dramatically increase my income so I should be able to get out of this mess.They only took my life savings so I could be qualified under the 2,000 dollar rule so I could get health insurance from medicaid.My parents could very well have lost the family home and gone bankrupt if I would never qualified for the health insurance because I have prolly had up to 1 to 10 Million dollars in medical bills since then