Page 5 of 38 [ 608 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 38  Next

PenguinMom
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

17 Dec 2009, 9:22 am

Santa Clause visted my daughter's school yesterday and gave her a "My Little Pony". She was besider herself with happiness. The first thing she did getting off the bus was run towards the garden shouting, "I need to play in the grass. I have a hungry herbavore!"

Vivienne
Toucan
Toucan

24 Dec 2009, 12:52 am

My son has taken forgiveness to a new level, whenever I make a mistake (for instance giving him hot chocolate that is, hot ) he says "It's okay Mum, I love you anyways."
:wink:

smokiethebear912
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

05 Jan 2010, 6:39 pm

This has to be the funniest thread I have read to date. I am going to need to ask my mom if I dispensed any nuggets of wisdom that were this hilarious when I was a small lad.

RightGalaxy
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2010, 11:00 am

Magnus wrote:
My three year old son kept flushing the toilet and I told him,
"Stop flushing the toilet, it's not a toy."

My five year old daughter responded,
"Then why do they call it a toy?"

toy-let

"A" dorable!! !! :D

RightGalaxy
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2010, 11:13 am

CarolinaGirl wrote:
We went to the pool at a KOA campground. I was probably four and the other kids in the pool were of another race, which I hadn't seen much of before. When I asked about their pretty skin, Grandma just it was "different". While she sat talking to the other children's parents, we kids were taking turns on the slide. I got in line to go up the ladder. I looked up and said, "Hey Grandma, look how pink her feet are!!" :oops: She was mortified, but the girl's parents laughed. Oh, sweet innocence!

I'm biracial but very dark. Once, when I was just a "depressed" teen waiting for my cloths at the laudromat, this cute little white girl (about 3 years old) asked me if I was chocolate covered. I laughed my head off. Then she said, "You're very different but I think you're beautiful, I like you...you're warm and nice and soft". (by this time she was on my lap and I was helpless, but a stranger just the same :oops: ). I cried all the way home because on that particularly disappointing day, I really needed some approval and everybody knows kids are painfully honest. She was the little "angel" that came to me in my time of need. I was glad her mom let me buy her a chocolate bar from the vending machine. That poor woman was "bright red" with embarrassment and kept on apologizing. She didn't have to because her child did me a great favor on that day. It's a memory I'll never forget. I used to look for them at the laudromat but never saw them again.

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2010, 2:26 pm

RightGalaxy wrote:
CarolinaGirl wrote:
We went to the pool at a KOA campground. I was probably four and the other kids in the pool were of another race, which I hadn't seen much of before. When I asked about their pretty skin, Grandma just it was "different". While she sat talking to the other children's parents, we kids were taking turns on the slide. I got in line to go up the ladder. I looked up and said, "Hey Grandma, look how pink her feet are!!" :oops: She was mortified, but the girl's parents laughed. Oh, sweet innocence!

I'm biracial but very dark. Once, when I was just a "depressed" teen waiting for my cloths at the laudromat, this cute little white girl (about 3 years old) asked me if I was chocolate covered. I laughed my head off. Then she said, "You're very different but I think you're beautiful, I like you...you're warm and nice and soft". (by this time she was on my lap and I was helpless, but a stranger just the same :oops: ). I cried all the way home because on that particularly disappointing day, I really needed some approval and everybody knows kids are painfully honest. She was the little "angel" that came to me in my time of need. I was glad her mom let me buy her a chocolate bar from the vending machine. That poor woman was "bright red" with embarrassment and kept on apologizing. She didn't have to because her child did me a great favor on that day. It's a memory I'll never forget. I used to look for them at the laudromat but never saw them again.

What a great story. Kids really can do the most wonderful things at just the right time.

PunkyKat
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2010, 3:12 pm

I was about 12 or so and my dad took me to buy dinner at Subway. I told the girl behind the counter what I wanted and I though she said, "Do you want to eat it?" I replied innocently, "Of course I want to eat it." She laughed and said she asked if I wanted to heat it.

I think I was around 3 or four and one of my brother's girlfriends came over with a really deep sun tan. I asked her "Are you a black person?"

My brother brought his new girlfriend over to meet everyone. She's African American. My neice who was five or so at the time looked at her hands and asked, "Are your hands dirty?" My sister-in-law repied, "No sweetheart, I'm what you call black."

Allimar
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

08 Jan 2010, 12:37 am

Omg; this post is hilarious.

While I have no official diagnosis, I was totally hyperlexic as a kid. When I was 3 my mom asked me to do something. I ignored her. She asked me again, I ignored her. She asked me one last time, completely exasperated to which I replied "I don't have to. It's a free country!" I later told her, after expressing concerns about not having "boobies" that I wanted her black bra when I grew up.

When my son was about two, I made a concerted effort to reduce my cursing (yeah, I have a truck driver's vocab). So I took to saying "Oh mommy" anytime I dropped something, bumped myself, etc. Yep, anytime he dropped something it was "Oh mommy!" A boo-boo was called an "I'm sorry" cause we always said "I'm sorry" in sympathy LOL

RSDavis
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

16 Jan 2010, 1:08 pm

My son likes to tell my wife that he loves me a lot and likes me a little, while liking her a lot and loving her a little. We have no idea what this means.

My favorite, though - he got Lego Battles for DS for Christmas, and yesterday he looked at me and said, "I lost. My guy went to Lego Heaven to be with Lego Jesus."

RSDavis
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

16 Jan 2010, 1:12 pm

number5 wrote:
OK, this one is a little embarassing, but just too funny not to post.

My son was about 3 and we were in a public restroom. I was going to the bathroom and when I got up to pull up my pants, my son caught a glimpse of my girl part and said "Do you got dirt, mom?" :oops:

Hahaha...my son used to say, "Boys have penises and girls have pajamas."

RSDavis
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

16 Jan 2010, 1:14 pm

GreenPele wrote:
One time while at a grocery store I was 7 and there was this man standing behind us who was overweight. Now not meaning to be rude, I innocently asked "Wow! How did you get so fat?" and he smiled at me and said "From eating little boys". :P

That is HILARIOUS! My son asked my wife's best friend, "If you've had the baby, why are you still fat?"

RSDavis
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

16 Jan 2010, 1:17 pm

liloleme wrote:
minniemum wrote:
It made my day reading these stories. It always amazes me that the kids get things in the right context!! ! Fantastic.

My nephew who is nearly 2 just loves the words "help me". The other day at the park his mother picked him up as it was time to go and then she had to walk across the park with this little boy throwing his arms and legs about shouting "help me, help me"! ! One lady walked up to my sister and asked her if there was a problem and who was the little boy!! !! Luckily his older brother piped up and said "he's my brother and thats our mummy"! !! Shannon said she felt like sinking into the ground!! !!

LOL...thats funny. My 4 1/2 year old autie daughter does that too. Im always afraid someones going to think Im kidnapping her because shes yelling "HELLLLPPPP HELLLLLPPPP" at the top of her lungs.

We had that one, too. :lol:

RightGalaxy
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2010, 5:11 pm

0_equals_true wrote:
Apparently I asked a friend of my parents if he peed standing up too.

I also asked a Sri Lankan diplomat why his face was so dark. I would have seen black people before because I was born in South Africa and part of my dad's job as consulate in Johannesburg was black and protest politics. However I guess I wasn’t sure about Asian because many Asians are Caucasian anyway. It is skin tone that is different.

What in the world are you talking about? Asians are asian, not caucasian. It's down to skeletal bonework.

RightGalaxy
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2010, 10:43 pm

My son is in the fourth grade (mainstreamed). Another student said to him, "I'm going to kill you sometime today." My son reacted by just punching him in the nose. He got into SO much trouble! (blood everywhere) I had to go and pick him up at school. Now he's labeled as violent. But I say, what the heck gets into a person for them to say what that other boy said to my son. My son keeps to himself and never provokes anyone. But here's the catch. His teachers are struggling to get him to self-advocate. I think that was his way to do it. My son really shocked me! This was a first. I asked him why he lashed out like that. He said, "Mommy, that boy made me really mad because if he killed me, you's get really sick and would probably die like Buddy did." Buddy was a baby parrot who lost his mom to sickness. He got REALLY depressed and actually died on us. The whole family was upset for weeks because there was nothing we could do for him. It was AWFUL.

planobunnybob
Butterfly
Butterfly

19 Jan 2010, 5:10 am

My 14 year old daughter got her first fish tank a year ago and has, of course, gone through many fish. The last time we aquired new fish from PetSmart, they "fish lady" told Amy that, as they sometimes don't know if the fish are male or female, we might take home pregnant fish. Amy was telling her friends that her new fish were going to have babies, and we explained that it was highly unlikely that they were all going to lay eggs at the same time. Lo and behold, several days later, Amy shreiked for me to come look in the fish tank...and what did I see but a whole cloud of tiny baby fish swimming around! The triumphant look on Amy's face spoke volumns, and I got taught a lesson in thinking I know everything :)

RightGalaxy
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2010, 10:08 am

planobunnybob wrote:
My 14 year old daughter got her first fish tank a year ago and has, of course, gone through many fish. The last time we aquired new fish from PetSmart, they "fish lady" told Amy that, as they sometimes don't know if the fish are male or female, we might take home pregnant fish. Amy was telling her friends that her new fish were going to have babies, and we explained that it was highly unlikely that they were all going to lay eggs at the same time. Lo and behold, several days later, Amy shreiked for me to come look in the fish tank...and what did I see but a whole cloud of tiny baby fish swimming around! The triumphant look on Amy's face spoke volumns, and I got taught a lesson in thinking I know everything :)

Well, Congradulations on the new births!! ! :D I love life situations like these...I was giggling with delight at this! So wonderful!! ! This will stay with you well into your old age.