To the parents of females with Aspergers.... some questions.

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

silverdreamer
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

02 Nov 2009, 5:18 pm

I am putting this out at several places on the forum.

My 20 year old daughter has Aspergers. She had a disastrous 8 month long marriage last year. It hurt her, it hurt us. Now there is a new man in her life. He is wonderful, but I know he doesn't understand a lot about her Aspergers.

There is so little written about female relationships when it is the female who has Aspergers. So I thought I would try to write an essay or a book about the female relationship challenges when dealing with Aspergers. I want him to understand what it is he will be dealing with. He is so in love with her and I know her feelings are getting strong for him as well but with that will come a whole new set of challenges.

So for anyone out there with a daughter with Aspergers, young, old, married, not married what would you want a potential significant other to know about your daughter. I would love to include any and all of these answers in my book.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Zsazsa
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2009, 5:33 pm

Two excellent books for your daughter to read include...

"Hitchhiking Through Asperger's Syndrome" by Lise Pyles and a forward by Dr. Tony Attwood, Ph.D

"Our Journey Through High Functioning Autism and Asperger's Syndrome" by Linda Andron and forwards by Dr. Tony Attwood and Liane Holliday Willey