Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

MasterJedi
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2011, 9:14 am

Olivia is afraid to try new things.

I'm sitting here polishing off the remainder of the cake frosting and I offered her some. She covered her mouth and ran away. She's afraid to have some not knowing it's the same sweet stuff that goes on cupcakes and birthday cakes.

I'll remind her about this on birthdays.

That is my spot, in an ever changing world, it is a single point of consistency. If my life were expressed as a function on a four dimensional Cartesian coordinate system, that spot, from the moment I first sat on it, would be 0-0-0-0.

misstippy
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

08 Mar 2011, 9:47 am

My son is kind of the same way! Though, he understands now that frosting is delicious and won't stop asking to eat some while I make it. But, recently, we made a banana cake. He was excited about it in theory, because it was cake. BUt, then, he saw the brown flecks bananas leave in the cake and he needed a LOT of convincing to try it! Of course, once he tried it, he wanted a bunch of it! :)

ediself
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2011, 10:09 am

Wow you're lucky, my son still won't eat any cake that isn't plain cake. No flavour, no frosting, no fruits and no chocolate, no cream, nothing. The only thing he asks for is coloured sugar thingies for decoration! I'm glad I figured out that plain cake would be ok with him though, since he spent the first 8 years of his life dismissing his birthday cake as , first "disgusting", then as his vocabulary expanded: "repulsive"....Thanks dear! :D

MasterJedi
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2011, 11:24 am

I think it's more she's afraid to try it because she doesn't know what it is. It looks different than anything else she's tried. She's called it mashed potatoes and oatmeal before I told her what it is.

Somehow or another, she's okay with nose contents. I'll never understand that.

That is my spot, in an ever changing world, it is a single point of consistency. If my life were expressed as a function on a four dimensional Cartesian coordinate system, that spot, from the moment I first sat on it, would be 0-0-0-0.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2011, 5:59 pm

Once she finds out that it's the same thing but in a different form, she'll get use to cake and love it, as well. That does crack me up, though. :lol: