Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

lady_katie
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2013, 6:58 pm

I came across this on a list of the best schools for children with Autism. It just so happens that my husbands job has a location in the same city as this school, so he could most likely transfer there. It sounds like a no-brainer, but I've heard that the services in the state of Virginia are terrible. Would anyone happen to have any first hand experience with the Virginia Institute of Autism?

Thanks!

VAGraduateStudent
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

02 Dec 2013, 2:37 pm

Hi I just saw this topic and was wondering what you've since found out about VIA. And anything else in this area (I live an hour or two away from Charlottesville myself).

Also I wondered what you meant by the resources in VA being terrible. I'm certainly not going to disagree, but I wondered if you felt they were lacking for different reasons than I do.

If anyone else knows anything about Virginia resources for people on the autism spectrum, I would love to hear them (I'm sure the OP would as well).

Thanks!