Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

mamamoo
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

22 Jan 2014, 5:40 am

Our 17yrs old aspie every now and then has a kind of regression problem of wetting a bed at night...he gets up then, calls us and explains that he had "kind of accident",he changes his clothes and makes his bed and we realy don´t know what to think of it...he takes risperidone,but very ,very low dosage since he reacts very intensively to any kind of meds so far.anyone has similar experience?
love, mamamoo

Soccer22
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2014, 10:08 am

Urinary tract infection maybe? Or something of the like.

ASDMommyASDKid
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2014, 11:56 am

I don't have a 17 year old, but stress and anxiety is a very common cause of that kind of thing if it is not something medical.

InThisTogether
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2014, 7:28 pm

I don't mean to offend you, but I have to ask a very simple question...are you sure it is urine? The reason I ask is that my son learned about "wet dreams" at school and one of his biggest concerns is how he will know it is not urine.

Sorry if I am being offensive or TMI. It's just the first thing I thought of, and if a kid doesn't know what a nocturnal ejaculation is, might they errantly assume it is urine?

mamamoo

23 Jan 2014, 3:22 am

InThisTogether wrote:
I don't mean to offend you, but I have to ask a very simple question...are you sure it is urine? The reason I ask is that my son learned about "wet dreams" at school and one of his biggest concerns is how he will know it is not urine.

Sorry if I am being offensive or TMI. It's just the first thing I thought of, and if a kid doesn't know what a nocturnal ejaculation is, might they errantly assume it is urine?

Not offended at all.But, he knows a difference,no problem with that.It is urin,deffinately.Thanks for your opinion.:)))))

mamamoo

23 Jan 2014, 3:22 am

InThisTogether wrote:

Not offended at all.But, he knows a difference,no problem with that.It is urin,deffinately.Thanks for your opinion.:)))))

btbnnyr
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2014, 1:23 pm

Has he been checked for seizures while sleeping? Those can cause someone to wet the bed.